Oregano oil vs. Probiotics

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Oregano oil vs. Probiotics

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Makragic 4 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Makragic
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

Hi guys! I read almost everything about Candida and I want to beat it! However, I have one question which puzzles me:

Probiotics are good bacteria to help your gut flora to get better. On the other hand I read much about Oregano oil as antifungal and Oregano oil is stronger then most of antibiotics (antibiotics kill bacteria) – So I take daily Probiotics and add bacteria, and drink Oregano oil which kills bacteria? Here I have contradiction and I don’t know what to think. Oregano oil is great antifungal and I really wanna use it.

Anyway, I hope someone will explain to me if I’m wrong. Thanks in advance!

Sanshou
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 47

Anti-fungals are taken towards the beginning most often for a couple of months then you move onto pre/probiotics. Prebiotics are best consumed about 30 minutes prior to taking probiotics as the insoluble fiber helps nourish and protect the bacteria and yeast on their journey. Also if you are doing natural anti-fungals you may want to double up with a combo that attacks it several different ways.

Makragic
    Participant

Anti-fungals are taken towards the beginning most often for a couple of months then you move onto pre/probiotics.

I don’t think this completely true, because in most of Candida diet (even on thecandidadiet.com) you use antifungals and probiotics at the same time. So that is what troubles me.

Also if you are doing natural anti-fungals you may want to double up with a combo that attacks it several different ways.

I’m using natural anti-fungals, Garlic, Oregano oil and Ginger, Garlic and Ginger trough meals and Oregano oil with water. I don’t understand your sentence here, I have no idea how to double up intake, only to eat lots of Garlic 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would take antifungals away from probiotics during the day…for instance antifungals between meals and probiotics away from meals.

-raster

Sanshou
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 47

I think natural anti-fungals like foods are fine to consume regularly. But I don’t think I would take the essential oils or prescription grade anti-fungals for prolonged periods of time. And that’s kind of what I was hinting at, use the strong stuff at first to kill as much as possible then load up on the pro-biotics and natural anti-fungals. Your anti-fungals list looks good, another I added was ceylon cinnamon sticks and essential oil as it attacks the protective cell walls and helps regulate blood sugar levels which is also important.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The natural ones I wouldn’t worry about like sanshou said, these are food derived sources such as coconut oil.

-raster

Makragic
    Participant

Ok, so I will use Oregano oil for 20 days (that is what actually says in user manual which came with the bottle), and later on I will switch to some less stronger anti-fungals. Is this OK?

And one more thing, I’m making coconut buckwheat bread, can I add baking soda to that recipe? ( http://www.thecandidadiet.com/coconut-ingredient.htm ) I’m asking because baking soda makes flour grow, yeast do the same, so I’m not sure if baking soda is OK for candida diet or not.

Thanks for answers, you’re very helpful.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Oregano oil vs. Probiotics’ is closed to new replies.