Oregano Oil – How in the world do you do it??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Oregano Oil – How in the world do you do it??

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  linulPA 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

moldhater23
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

So I just got off of a week of grapefruit seed extract, not my favorite taste, but manageable. I am now moving to a week of Oregano Oil and wow. I put six drops in a pint glass. And then had to split that up into three. It took me forever (I was 35 mins late for work!) Any suggestions or do I just have to muscle it down?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Drop it in your mouth and swallow it with some water…

-raster

moldhater23

So you’re suggesting go more shot style? That makes sense since the oil floats and wasn’t diluted really at all by adding it to water. Just gave me a lot more awful water to drink. I’ll give that a try, thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Put it on a spoon and swallow it! It doesn’t taste good…I know!

-raster

grmpyoman
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I’ve been taking oregano oil for years now.I started with putting it in a teaspoon with some juice and then swallowing it quick. Since then I’ve put it under my tongue 3,4,5,6 drops whatever, makes a little saliva with it, then keep it under your tongue. If you let it out let it starts burning. Then after a couple minutes, swallow it and follow with a drink.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Its pretty corrosive if used like that over time. Bad for the teeth, esophagus, etc. Its best to put the drops in a capsule.

moldhater23

Thanks all, I think I’ve got a method that is working for me. I putting the drops on top of half a shot of water. I found that putting the oil in first keeps it at the bottom and the little bit of water is enough to get it down quick. No burning. I typically drink a full glass of water slowly to follow.

Ruth
    Topics: 0

impossible;54651 wrote: Its pretty corrosive if used like that over time. Bad for the teeth, esophagus, etc. Its best to put the drops in a capsule.

Impossible, this is the method that I use. You cannot taste it when it is put in a capsule.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Ruth, please be advised that user impossible has left the forum. You may address your questions to ThomasJoel2.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

just want to put in a warning against oil of oregano:
    It kills a lot of beneficial bacteria to, and is very hard on the mocusal membrane where it comes in contact.

I personally regret taking GSE, oregano and raw garlic..

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

I’m curious if anyone has felt better by doing oregano oil(long-term)?

It just seems to be such a spicy and irritating oil that it would cause a lot of inflammation in the long run. I am too cautious of the essential oils taken internally that can cause burning or extreme irritation. Seems like these oils can cause a lot of GI inflammation as well. I would rather experiment with essential oils that are more mild on the gut. I found Lavender oil to be just as effective as oregano oil without all the GI irritation. Just a experiment though as the long term toxicity and effects on good bacteria has not been well researched yet. Also experimenting with myrrh oil and spearmint oil to see how they compare with oregano oil. Myrrh oil has eugenol and spearmint oil has farnesol which are both anti-fungal.

**I noticed the essential oils to be more effective when they are mixed with olive oil/ high monounsaturated veggie oil. It seems to help sustain the activity better. Enteric-coated capsules are also available.

Again, this is just an experimentation and can’t recommend them long term due to the unknown long term toxicity or possible side effects that it might have on good bacteria.

Lavender oil:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16178366

kingbean
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

I took oregano for 2 for 2 days and just felt dreadful. Can I really be that sensitive!?!

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Its definitely possible especially if you have a sensitive gut or an already inflamed gut.

linulPA
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

try oil of oregano capsules, worked very good for me, 1 3 times a day, but oil of oregano should not be used long term just like any other antibiotics or antifungals, it should be rotated after 4-6 weeks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Oregano Oil – How in the world do you do it??’ is closed to new replies.