Oregano oil and carvacrol

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Oregano oil and carvacrol

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Canish 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Canish
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 14

I have been taking oregano oil for 2 days now, 3×4 drops each day,
    and didnt really see any effect on it, so i checked whats in it and saw
    this thing carvacrol.

I checked it out here and there, and i kinda got the impression that
    real oregano oil has like over 50% carvacrol?

Mine has only 3.5%, does carvacrol really matter?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Carvacrol is one of the strongest natural antibiotics available. That’s part of why we recommend “Wild Oregano Oil.”

http://www.amazon.com/North-American-Herb-Spice-Strength/dp/B0014AUUVE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1323277177&sr=8-2

Canish
    Participant

Hi!

Hmm how much % cavarcol is in in it?
    They dont really mention anywhere any percentage.

Ill order a couple?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

So my question is this able: Is it good or bad to have a natural antibiotic ingredient in the oil?

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator

Jig;
    Commercial oil of oregano is a tricky product; that’s because when all you know is to look for carvacrol in the oil because it makes the antifungal stronger, then what most people would naturally think is, “The more the better.“ But that’s not the case with the carvacrol in oregano oil. What you should look for is “wild” and “natural” oregano oil instead of just looking for the amount of carvacrol it contains; otherwise, if you end up purchasing a brand that contains something like 75-90% carvacrol, then it’s probably been processed that way by a method referred to as fractionating; this is done by literally “boiling off” some of the other components of the oil in order to make the percentage of carvacrol appear higher. The problem with this is that it’s no longer a natural oil but rather a processed oil. The other problem is that the components which were lowered were also important to the quality of the oil, and after the process, there are lower amounts of these components, but not really more carvacrol, just the appearance of more.

The natural amount of carvacrol in oregano oil which is sufficient for human use and potent enough for a strong antifungal can be as low as 60% and in rare cases, as high as 85%. “Wild North American Herb and Spice Oregano Oil P73” which I linked to earlier contains approximately 64% carvacrol.

And yes, Raster, it’s a good thing; you want a natural antifungal if you can get it. Some natural and strong antifungals are pure garlic, rutabaga, grapefruit seed extract, and of course, oil of oregano (there are more, but these were the first that came to my mind).

Able

Canish
    Participant

Thanks alot for all the info!
    The special offer looks great on it!

Ill order a couple to finland while its on special offer :>

Canish
    Participant

Unfortunately the oil you recommended seems to be only shipped inside U.S.,
    i checked out some other options, but im not sure wich company to trust,
    is there any other special company you would recommend?

raster
    Participant

Pretty much any oregano oil will do, so I would just look at one at your local vitamin store or one that is in finland. You are welcome to send us some links and we can translate it to english.

-Raster

Canish
    Participant

raster wrote: Pretty much any oregano oil will do, so I would just look at one at your local vitamin store or one that is in finland. You are welcome to send us some links and we can translate it to english.

-Raster

Hi raster!

So i guess ill leave my 3.5% carvacol oregano oil, and buy one with around 60-70% carvacol that is natural / wild oregano oil?

Once again, thanks for all the information about this!

Able900
    Spectator

Jigidog wrote: So i guess ill leave my 3.5% carvacol oregano oil, and buy one with around 60-70% carvacol that is natural / wild oregano oil?

That’s correct, Jig, and regardless of what Raster wrote, “pretty much any oregano oil” won’t do as well if it contains 3.5% carvacrol compared to 60-70% — that’s just common sense since the carvacrol is the major antifungal in the oil.

Able

Canish
    Participant

Able900 wrote:

So i guess ill leave my 3.5% carvacol oregano oil, and buy one with around 60-70% carvacol that is natural / wild oregano oil?

That’s correct, Jig, and regardless of what Raster wrote, “pretty much any oregano oil” won’t do as well if it contains 3.5% carvacrol compared to 60-70% — that’s just common sense since the carvacrol is the major antifungal in the oil.

Able

Im really sorry for stealing so much of your time, i would just like to
    ask one more question, i found this place for ordering some of that oil,
    but it has 80% cavarcol, heres a google translate off the site :

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=hu&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhfe.hu%2Fsite%2FOrega-First-15ml-mediterran-oregano-olaj-bakterialis-virus-es-gomba-fertozesek-ellen
    The manufacturer is:
    Accurex Healthcare Manufacturing Inc. Kanada

Is this one of the Boiled oils you were talking about? It does say organic,
    but im not sure!

Once again, sorry for bothering you so much!
    Thanks for all the help!

raster
    Participant

looks like good stuff to me!

Able900
    Spectator

Jigidog wrote: Im really sorry for stealing so much of your time, i would just like to ask one more question, i found this place for ordering some of that oil,
    but it has 80% cavarcol, heres a google translate off the site

I found this brand on different websites with the carvacrol in 60-70-80% amounts. This likely means that it isn’t processed to the point of a set amount of carvacrol, so I’d say it’s alright.

Able

Canish
    Participant

You two really bring this forum life!

Thanks for all the information, ill order it then immidieatly!

Jigi

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Oregano oil and carvacrol’ is closed to new replies.