Oral thrush sometimes

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Oral thrush sometimes

This topic contains 24 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Why would my tongue look pink one day and like today white as hell. Nasty. At work I was in a moldy basement last night and my throat is scratchy today also. Maybe allergies, or still die off? I have no clue but I hate seeing thrush, which normally my tongue isn’t this coated. Also the past 3 days I’ve been pretty strict on my diet even more. Thanks

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Since you’ve been eating less meat and being more strict in general the past few days, it’s probably die-off. I wouldn’t worry about it too much. You can try oil-pulling for a few days, if it seems to get worse.

moochpb

My reflux is a ton better so die off would cause more thrush? What is oil pulling exactly?

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

moochpb;38059 wrote: Why would my tongue look pink one day and like today white as hell. Nasty. At work I was in a moldy basement last night and my throat is scratchy today also. Maybe allergies, or still die off? I have no clue but I hate seeing thrush, which normally my tongue isn’t this coated. Also the past 3 days I’ve been pretty strict on my diet even more. Thanks

Hi mooch,

I have been wondering the same!! I was doing oil pulling with coconut oil 15-30 min daily regularly for a few weeks, and my tongue clears up and is pink. Yet, I feel like when I stop this and don’t continue to practice, it “comes back” slightly (white, slightly yellow) on back of tongue (where raised bumps/taste buds are). I brush my tongue, as well, daily. Sometimes brushing solves it and it’s back to fully pink, but sometimes its not. My diet has not altered at all.

I did stop taking my Advair medicine (as I am asthmatic) to see if this would help. I do have a drier mouth. Then part of me thinks I am crazy and maybe that’s how my tongue normally looks. Until observing my candida symptoms, I never really inspected the back of my tongue on a daily basis!

I’m so glad you asked this question, and am curious to see discussion/responses.

moochpb

My mouth is dry and this is nasty looking

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

My reflux is a ton better so die off would cause more thrush?

I’ve had a return of old symptoms this weak, pain in toenail, anger, and stiff joints however, I have not had my usual symptom of adrenal fatigue. This yeast is so damn elusive, I feel like it jumps around.

Those toxins have to come out, try oil pulling, any time of day you need it, not just in the morning.

moochpb

I agree. It’s a day by day thing and the yeast is quite annoying

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

And the oral thrush will persist for months, it simply does not go away without reducing the candida numbers….

-raster

shayfo

Oil-pulling is super simple. You just stick around a tablespoon (I use a little less) of coconut oil in your mouth and keep it there for at least 15 minutes, ideally 20-30, swishing it around a bit. When you’re done, spit it out, rinse your mouth, and brush as usual. It not only helps kill candida in the mouth, it also pulls toxins through your mucus membranes (which is why it’s important to spit it out when you’re done). I’ve experienced a near-complete relief of pain from a chipped filling from doing it daily for less than two weeks, so I suspect it has some anti-inflammatory benefits as well.

moochpb

Very cool. Thanks. I’m assuming the scratchy throat and stuffier nose is die off? Or from the flush. My tongue was pink as of yesterday..it’s been a while

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

raster;38089 wrote: And the oral thrush will persist for months, it simply does not go away without reducing the candida numbers….

-raster

This explains why whenever I stop for a few days, it seems to creep back. /Sigh!

Kag
    Replies: 402

Hey Mooch, I bet it was from working in the nasty basement. I have read often that when summer comes, yeast problems get worse because of humidity and fungus. Maybe you were breathing in crappy stuff in the basement and it affected your system. When I work with mulch outside, I have to make sure to come home and use a neti-pot to clear out my nose, and I try to ALWAYS breathe through my nose if I can.

I have been trying oil-pulling for the last couple of days. I had some burning on my lips but no rash, so I figured that I might as well try it. The burning has gotten a little bit better but who knows? I will let you know if it gets significantly better.

Kag
    Replies: 402

Oh, and I forgot, sometimes I use teatree oil mouthwash. It isn’t that expensive and can really help if you have thrush or any type of oil oral candida problem.

moochpb

Cool ill try the tree oil. It’s weird my nose is clogged, my throat is scratchy and I woke up with coated tongue. Could be die off from no meat too plus eating less. Or I’m getting another sinus infection. But I am allergic to mold, dust and pollen. I get shots for them

shayfo

Katie, have you tried adding a drop of tea tree essential oil to your coconut oil for oil pulling? (I couldn’t fit the word “oil” in that sentence another time, boo.) I’m not suggesting it, necessarily, just asking.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Oral thrush sometimes’ is closed to new replies.