Oral Thrush formed after starting the diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Oral Thrush formed after starting the diet

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  VIV 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

TKK
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Is this from die-off?
    I started the diet because of a recurring yeast infection. I’m afraid the candida has spread into oral thrush. Is this a possible reaction to the diet? Or am I doing everything wrong and helping the candida spread?

TKK
    Participant

A little more information:

I’ve had a recurring yeast infection for over 6 months. I was mostly treated with diflucan, anti-fungal creams, etc, until a doctor suggested I look up this diet. This website has been extremely helpful and I’m really grateful for all the posts, but I did not see my symptoms anywhere here.

Three weeks ago I seriously started the diet (I’d been slowly cutting out carbs and sugars before then). I did a week of mostly steamed vegetables and eggs, but also allowed myself a little quinoa. I don’t have any leaky gut syndrome, it seemed to be all contained to my private area. After that week I did the broth cleanse for a day and a half, and then went back to pretty much the same. I’m vegetarian, so I’m eating a lot of eggs fried in coconut oil, avocados, spinach salads, steamed broccoli, roasted brussel sprouts, kale chips, and some roasted almonds. Before breakfast and dinner I take a shot of apple cider vinegar, and I am also following the vitamins suggested in the forum. My antifungal is an oregano oil pill that I take in the morning, and I take a probiotic with lunch.

This week is when the problems started: Saturday I bought coconut flour and probably went overboard on the antifungals. I made a coconut smoothie that I ate as an “ice cream” on Friday night with eggs, spinach, garlic, and onion sauteed in coconut oil. Saturday morning I made the coconut four pancakes. Three bites in my tongue started burning and I immediately developed sores in my mouth. It was too painful to even eat an avocado.

That cleared up a little more than a day later, but now (about 5 days after that?) my tongue is super itchy. It has a lot of white on it and my throat is super dry, no matter how much water or tea I drink.
    I also have to pee constantly – and very urgently. It doesn’t feel like a UTI, but the urgency is similar.

Thanks for reading!

rmw1822
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

I’m sorry I’m not experienced enough to comment on the diet or the oral thrush, but I would caution taking shots of apple cider vinegar. Is this something you were doing before you started the diet? If not, I may contribute the burning tongue to that. ACV is too acidic to take shots of, you should dilute it with water. Best of luck on the diet.

TKK
    Participant

rmw1822, thank you for your reply! I should have been clearer – I chase the shot with a large glass of water. I don’t like how it tates in water, and a shot was a faster way to do it. I did start the shots about a month before I began the diet, so I don’t think that’s what burned my tongue.

VIV
    Participant
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 30

I think that it could be die off, I developed ringworm on my hand, which is still there,as a die off symptom about 6 weeks into the diet…

TKK
    Participant

VIV, that sounds awful, I’m so sorry! Did it clear up very quickly? I cut back on the coconut this weekend and my mouth feels almost clean, though my throat is still sore and I am still very thirsty.

VIV
    Participant
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 30

It’s ok, but it’s only a tiny patch, and it’s still there…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Oral Thrush formed after starting the diet’ is closed to new replies.