Oral thrush and yeast infection worsening after week on candida diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Oral thrush and yeast infection worsening after week on candida diet?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

jillhc
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hi,

I’ve had ulcerative colitis for years, and I suspect that candida is a contributing factor. (I have not been formally diagnosed with candida, but I suspect I have it, due to a thin white coat on my mouth, many yeast infections, and positive results from the “spittle test.”). I’ve followed a strict carbohydrate diet for years.

For the past week, I’ve been following the candida diet, by additionally eliminating honey, fruits, cheese, and mushrooms from my diet. (I already avoided all grains, glutens, refined sugars, etc). I also began using natural anti-fungals, such as oil of oregano, coconut oil, and garlic.

For the past week, since being on the “candida diet,” my oral thrush and yeast infection have grown worse. I have a permanent bad taste in my mouth, similar to the taste of garlic. I have tried oil pulling once or twice, but evidently to no avail.

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Please advise.

Thanks!

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Recurrences of symptoms are normal and often short lasting. Give it some time;)

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

jillhc wrote: Hi,

For the past week, since being on the “candida diet,” my oral thrush and yeast infection have grown worse. I have a permanent bad taste in my mouth, similar to the taste of garlic. I have tried oil pulling once or twice, but evidently to no avail.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, symptoms often get worse before getting better. Though it seems to be getting worse and this is quite typical as the yeast are trying to hang on with all there might, the diet and antifungals do work! And you will get better and better if you follow the protocol Able and Raster set here in the forum. According toThe Body Ecology book, people feel their worst during the first few weeks and the slowly feel better though they will continue to have periods of the body cleansing where die off occurs and you feel almost flu like.

Also a sidenote about starting the diet — i started the diet and antifungals, too, without taking the recommended doses of molybdenum acid chelate and milk thistle and I probably suffered more from die off symptoms than I had too. The experts here ( im not one!) recommend getting those and starting them ASAP to help with die off.

Hope this helps! You are doing a great thing for your health! Be encouraged!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Have you experienced any die-off symptoms other than the symptoms you mentioned?

This is something that is brought up over and over on the diet and if you are looking for a short term cure, then this diet isn’t going to do the trick. This diet and the way it heals the body takes a lot of time; if you are looking for a cure within a week, then you got the wrong idea.

After a few months the symptoms you have mentioned should go away (hopefully) and if not, they should atleast improve. I have been on the diet for 9 months and finally have reached a “cure.”

-raster

john_sityu
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

jillhc wrote: Hi,

I’ve had ulcerative colitis for years, and I suspect that candida is a contributing factor. (I have not been formally diagnosed with candida, but I suspect I have it, due to a thin white coat on my mouth, many yeast infections, and positive results from the “spittle test.”). I’ve followed a strict carbohydrate diet for years.

For the past week, I’ve been following the candida diet, by additionally eliminating honey, fruits, cheese, and mushrooms from my diet. (I already avoided all grains, glutens, refined sugars, etc). I also began using natural anti-fungals, such as oil of oregano, coconut oil, and garlic.

Thanks!

It may take some time to fully recovered. But I’ve read about this issue on http://greatskintoday.com that there are some causes that may lead to yeast infection. There are also information on how to cure it permanently. Perhaps you should try it and see if that is work or not.

jillhc

Hy wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Unfortunately, symptoms often get worse before getting better. Though it seems to be getting worse and this is quite typical as the yeast are trying to hang on with all there might, the diet and antifungals do work! And you will get better and better if you follow the protocol Able and Raster set here in the forum. According toThe Body Ecology book, people feel their worst during the first few weeks and the slowly feel better though they will continue to have periods of the body cleansing where die off occurs and you feel almost flu like.

Also a sidenote about starting the diet — i started the diet and antifungals, too, without taking the recommended doses of molybdenum acid chelate and milk thistle and I probably suffered more from die off symptoms than I had too. The experts here ( im not one!) recommend getting those and starting them ASAP to help with die off.

Hope this helps! You are doing a great thing for your health! Be encouraged!

Thanks for the encouragement! I’m used to strict diets, since I’ve been on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) for almost 5 years, but this is certainly even more restrictive than that. Can you point me to the protocol that Able and Raster set?

Thanks again,
    Jill

jillhc

raster wrote: Have you experienced any die-off symptoms other than the symptoms you mentioned?

This is something that is brought up over and over on the diet and if you are looking for a short term cure, then this diet isn’t going to do the trick. This diet and the way it heals the body takes a lot of time; if you are looking for a cure within a week, then you got the wrong idea.

After a few months the symptoms you have mentioned should go away (hopefully) and if not, they should atleast improve. I have been on the diet for 9 months and finally have reached a “cure.”

-raster

Yes, I have — fatigue, some nausea, and itching. I do understand that this diet will take time. I’ve been on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) for almost 5 years, so I’m no stranger to strict regimens.

Any recommendations on what “doses” of garlic, oil of oregano, coconut oil, and other anti-fungals to take? I understand that I need to rotate everything but coconut oil — just not sure how often and how much.

Thanks!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

jillhc wrote: Any recommendations on what “doses” of garlic, oil of oregano, coconut oil, and other anti-fungals to take? I understand that I need to rotate everything but coconut oil — just not sure how often and how much.

This link should help you with the antifungals.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2507_ANTIFUNGALS-Correct-Doses.aspx

Let us know if you have any questions about the doses, etc.

Able

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Oral thrush and yeast infection worsening after week on candida diet?’ is closed to new replies.