Oral Thrush and probiotic

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Oral Thrush and probiotic

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jackie2 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

For many weeks I have tried to get my oral thrush under control without any luck, I think it is down in my osophogous also. I have tried oil pulling with different oils, I have tried a prescribed medicine from my doctor.

I was wondering whether I might have some better success if I was to use some of my probiotic capsules and open up the capsules and dissolove the powder in water and then use the solution as a mouth wash. What do others think?

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

Views anyone?

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Another member had some results drinking kefir for oral thrush. Might give that a try if you are already not drinking it. Of course, it depends on what stage on the diet and whether you have introduced it yet. If you have not, make sure you introduce it slowly.

Here is the discussion about it a few weeks back.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1607_Power-of-Kefer.aspx

Hope this helps!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have no idea whether the probiotic idea would work; I guess you’d have to give it a shot to find out!

However the kefir idea is more feasible and likely more effective.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

jamesb wrote: For many weeks I have tried to get my oral thrush under control without any luck, I think it is down in my osophogous also. I have tried oil pulling with different oils, I have tried a prescribed medicine from my doctor.
    I was wondering whether I might have some better success if I was to use some of my probiotic capsules and open up the capsules and dissolove the powder in water and then use the solution as a mouth wash. What do others think?

Hi, James.

There are actually commercial probiotic mouth washes available, but I don’t know that using the powder in water would present the same results. If you decide to try it, just be careful not to use too high a count in the water in the beginning.

Able

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

James,
    I’m fairly new here. Joined in November. I can tell you if I follow what these good folks tell me to do I am in good shape. When I stray just a little I have a reaction in my mouth. I don’t know what others reactions are but I can tell immediately when I screwed up. When I finally got to the stage in the diet where I could have yogurt and kefir I found my life changed. It truly healed my mouth in what seemed like hours it could have been days but it was an amazing feeling. Too good matter of a fact. Then I thought I was ready to move to stage 2 of diet.

I ate a few morsels of things I shoud not have, an walnut chunk, a tsp of sunflower seeds, a few rice crackers. Thrush came right back in back of throat…very difficult to do oil pulling there…

I got out the kefir and I am now doing oil pulling with that and even gargling with it..LOL. I have little holes in my tonsils and can see spots. That is where it hurts. It is not like strep but I can tell by the burning on my tongue etc that I have to fight this.

So I HIGHLY suggest Kefir…it was a miracle cure for me as was the greek yogurt. I so mad at myself for stepping out of my list of rules. I’m not healing as quickly as I did when I first had the yogurt and kefir..maybe because I was doing the 1st stage of diet and only drinking lemon water, and eating greens. I’m doing the same thing now…I just don’t dare trick myself into feeling like I’m healed and venturing out of my list of foods to eat. Best of luck to you my friend. I also do as much oil pulling that I can a day. Able and RAster suggest three times a day. It helped a ton in the start but the kefir had amazing healing power.

Jackie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Oral Thrush and probiotic’ is closed to new replies.