ORAL THRUSH

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions ORAL THRUSH

This topic contains 22 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  hellosummers 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Oral Thrush is a mouth infection which is caused by the overgrowth of the Candida fungus. It’s a surface infection which can affect the insides of the cheeks, corners of the mouth, tongue, roof of the mouth as well as the throat.

Symptoms of oral thrush can be any of the following;

A bad taste in your mouth and/or decreased taste sensation.

Cream-colored, or yellowish spots in the mouth which are usually slightly raised. There may or may not be pain underneath the spots

A practice by the name of oil pulling therapy gives an excellent chance of greatly eliminating most of the yeast of oral thrush. If you do your own research, you may see it referred to as “oil swishing.”

What it amounts to is putting a good mouthful or a tablespoon full of oil in a clean mouth and then swishing it around just like you’d do if you were using a mouth wash. You need to do this for 10 to 15 minutes at least, and you won’t swallow it any more than you’d swallow your mouth wash.

‘Swishing’ of course means to push it back and forth between your teeth as well as all around your mouth, back and front. The oil will grow thicker as you swish it around, but after a while it should start to feel thin or watery. Spit it out at the end of the time, rinse with salt water and brush your teeth very well. The oil pulling gets rid of the toxins and bacteria in your mouth without disturbing the healthy flora.

A few things to remember:

1. Perform oil-pulling on an empty stomach with a clean mouth – up to three times a day, first thing in the morning and before each meal.

2. Wash, clean and blow your nose before the therapy.

3. While the oil is in your mouth, you can slowly blow your nose if you need to clear it while
    holding the oil inside your mouth.

4. Sensations or even irritation may possibly cause you to sneeze or cough while doing the oil pulling. Just try to go slowly and remain as relaxed as possible. If you do sneeze or cough, losing the oil, just start over with new oil.

5. If phlegm gathers in your mouth or throat, you can spit and start over with fresh oil.

6. Try to purchase unprocessed oils such as coconut oil, sesame, or safflower.
    Whether or not you try this is up to you, but do some researching before you decide either way, see what others who have used the method have to say about it.

Oil pulling is native to the country of India, and the practice has been going on for over 2000 years, all the way back to the Ayurvedic medicine period, with both Hinduism and Buddhism having a great influence. One of the main goals of Ayurvedic medicine was to eliminate toxic elements from the body, which the oil pulling therapy addresses.

sallyf024
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 22

I have had some incredible results from the oil swishing after 1 week. The thought before I tried it was “yuk!” but I got sesame oil and now I actually like it. I am sure coconut oil would be the best to use, but it was pretty expensive.
    Thrush was the one remaining symptom I had after being literally in bed for 6 months with a serious case of intestinal and trachea candida. The diet was a key factor, of course but the oil swishing was the icing on the cake! If you have any questions, I am happy to help in any way.

Able900
    Spectator

Bumping post for new member.

joy
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 33

Able, that was a great post. I have had really good results even after 1 week of oil pulling. I no longer have the coating on my tongue….I find this really hard to beleive it happened so quickly but it has!! I use sesame oil, and only did it 1 time a day for 15 minutes.

Joy

Littleone
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 8

Thank you so much for this post! I’m definitely going to try it just have to purchase me some coconut oil : )

Able900
    Spectator

bumping post

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

sallyf024 wrote: I have had some incredible results from the oil swishing after 1 week. The thought before I tried it was “yuk!” but I got sesame oil and now I actually like it. I am sure coconut oil would be the best to use, but it was pretty expensive.
    Thrush was the one remaining symptom I had after being literally in bed for 6 months with a serious case of intestinal and trachea candida. The diet was a key factor, of course but the oil swishing was the icing on the cake! If you have any questions, I am happy to help in any way.

Sally, I would be interested to know if the sesame seed oil you used was “toasted” Here in the UK I can only source toasted sesame seed oil and I understand that heating it takes away a lot of the goodness. So far in using toasted sesame oil I have not noticed and difference

Able900
    Spectator

Bumping post.

Kots
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 32

Does anyone know if Sunflower Oil is good as well?

Able900
    Spectator

Kots wrote: Does anyone know if Sunflower Oil is good as well?

Kots, you will make much better progress if you use organic coconut oil. This can be found in almost any vitamin or health food store. I have my doubts that sunflower oil would even come close to the coconut oil.

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I just realised how much of a white layer I have at the back of my tongue. I brush it, since I get bad breath if I don’t, so the front part looks pink. I was under the impression that’s normal, but clearly the white layer isn’t. Is it possible to do oil pulling with olive oil during the cleanse? I’ll have some coconut oil ready for phase 1, but in any case I won’t have it for the first 4-5 days.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

I have the white tongue too. And the strange thing with it if I oil pull it it nearly disapears and I get a nice looking tongue for 2 hours then I drink a glass of warm water and it is back. Over night it all comes back and its a back and forth like that. If the intestines are filled with that shit, the battle looks helpless as the enemy stands up and push back all the time.

I think we need to boost the own immune system to a level where it starts to kick ass with that shit. I am so tired of that fight.

Brrr
    Thomas

Kots
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 32

Do you guys have severe dry mouth as well or is it just the tongue coating. I am soooo thirsty, its getting overwhelming for me.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Kots wrote: Do you guys have severe dry mouth as well or is it just the tongue coating. I am soooo thirsty, its getting overwhelming for me.

No, mine is normal moist.
    What happens if you drink a lot are you still thirsty?

all the best to you
    yours
    thomas

Able900
    Spectator

Javizy, you can use olive oil for the therapy until you receive the coconut oil, sesame oil and sunflower are also good oils for the therapy.

Thomas, you’re right, during a full Candida infestation the intestines are home to billions of Candida albicans, and it’s really difficult to get through the infestation without having at least a mild case of thrush. A lot of people don’t even realize they’ve had thrush in their mouth until it clears up, and suddenly they can actually see the depth of the crevices on the tongue which were previously full of the overgrowth (crevices in the tongue are an inherited trait that occurs in approximately 10 percent of population).

Mike, dry mouth is a symptom of Candida; even a mild case of thrush in the mouth can cause you to have an extremely dry mouth.

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘ORAL THRUSH’ is closed to new replies.