Oral Thrush

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Oral Thrush

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Joan
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Hi
    I´ve just found this forum, and I think it´s great:)
    I´m a Danish girl- age 35. I´ve the last couple of years had oral thrush- on- off. The last 6 months I´ve had it a lot. The tongue is white, and red in the end- a little burning.
    I´ve tried medications such as Fluconazol, whitout any effect. 2 months ago I tried a diet for 4 weeks- it didn´t help a lot. 5 weeks ago I started again- inspiration from a book called “the fungus link”. I don´t eat grains, milk, sugar, fruit etc. I take probiotics, garlic and oils everyday. My mouth is better- less white and less burning. I´ve just started intoducing a little fruit- berries, and Quinoa. But I´m not sure what to do from here.
    I´ve read about the oil “wash”- and I`ll give it a try!!!
    I think I maybe have adrenal fatique, too. Have had stress a few years ago.
    I have a lot of dificulties loosing wheight- despite the fact, that I before this diet was eating quite healty.
    Any good advise?
    And hope you understand my english- not use to write og speak it anymore:)
    Joan

Joan

PS. In my diet from “the fungus link”, I´m allowed to eat carrots- the A vitamins are good to fight the candida?? And I´ve just startede eating a little blueberries. Just read elsewhere in this forum, that neither is allowed in the diet??? I´ve used the carrots as a snak together with almonds- ehat do you eat as a snack?? Joan

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Joan.

A practice by the name of oil pulling therapy has an excellent chance of curing or at least greatly eliminating most of the yeast of oral thrush. If you do your own research, you may see it referred to as “oil swishing” or just “swishing.”

Here is a testimonial from a user on another website:

“I have had some incredible results from the oil swishing after 1 week. The thought before I tried it was “yuk!” but I got sesame oil and now I actually like it. I am sure coconut oil would be the best to use, but it was pretty expensive.
    Thrush was the one remaining symptom I had after being literally in bed for 6 months with a serious case of intestinal and trachea candida. The diet was a key factor, of course but the oil swishing was the icing on the cake! If you have any questions, I am happy to help in any way.”

What oil pulling amounts to is putting a good mouthful or a tablespoon full of oil in a clean mouth and then swishing it around just like you’d do if you were using a mouth wash. You need to do this for 10 to 15 minutes at least, and you won’t swallow it any more than you’d swallow your mouth wash.

‘Swishing’ means to push the oil back and forth between your teeth as well as all around your mouth, back and front. The oil will grow thicker as you swish it around, but after a while it should start to feel thin or watery. Spit it out at the end of the time, rinse with salt water and brush your teeth very well. The oil pulling gets rid of the toxins and bacteria in your mouth without disturbing the healthy flora.

A few things to remember:

1. Perform oil-pulling on an empty stomach with a clean mouth – up to three times a day, first thing in the morning and before each meal.

2. Wash, clean and blow your nose before the therapy.

3. While the oil is in your mouth, you can slowly blow your nose if you need to clear it while holding the oil inside your mouth.

4. Sensations or even irritation may possibly cause you to sneeze or cough while doing the oil pulling. Just try to go slowly and remain as relaxed as possible. If you do sneeze or cough, losing the oil, just start over with new oil.

5. If phlegm gathers in your mouth or throat, you can spit and start over with fresh oil.

6. Try to use only coconut oil for the oil-pulling therapy as it works best.

Whether or not you try this is up to you, but do some researching before you decide and see what others who have used the method have to say about it.

Oil pulling is native to the country of India, and the practice has been going on for over 2000 years, all the way back to the Ayurvedic medicine period, with both Hinduism and Buddhism having a great influence. One of the main goals of Ayurvedic medicine was to eliminate toxic elements from the body, which the oil pulling therapy addresses.

Able900
    Spectator

Joan, look at the ingredients in your toothpaste. If it contains any type of sugar alcohol, then it’s probably feeding the yeast and allowing it to survive.
    Aspartane is probably the worse, sucrolose is another one, but most sugar alcohols can be be recognized by their name which normally ends in ‘tol’ – for example, sorbitol and mannitol are just two.

You can make a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and use it to brush your teeth.

Joan

Hi Able
    Thanks. I´ve tried the oil swishing yesterday and again this morning- whit coconut oil. It felt ok, and I´ll try it for a week or so. I think it can´t do any harm.

I´ll have a look at my toothpaste- now it is Colgate!!

What about the food? I haven´t had any grains for 5 weeks- except quinoa a few times the last week. My stomach is much better than it has ever been- så I think I maybe try not to get any items with gluten for the next couple of months. But would it be allrigtht to reintroduce brown rice etc at this stage, og is it too early?
    And what about the carrots- I´ve been eating a lot!!

I´m so glad i´ve found this forum.

Have a nice day:)
    Joan

Joan

Ok the toothpaste had sugar or sorbitol ind it. I´ve bought one without now. Hope, that will make a difference.
    I´m still a little confused about the food- should I reintroduce some items now, or is it better to keep the strict diet´? My symptoms are better but not gone.

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Joan.

I would continue with the oil-pulling therapy, most people find it to be extremely beneficial after even a week, but several weeks can make a big difference. Please don’t do as some do and stop anything that may have beneficial value just because you can’t see a big difference immediately or even a week later, this is usually a big mistake. Sometimes healing takes time, and patience is indeed a virtue in this case.

About grains; many people go on the Candida diet, and after healing themselves of the infestation, realize that a long-standing allergy has completely disappeared. This is often due to a certain food that has been removed from the diet. Often times the food causing the allergy was wheat; therefore, for that reason, plus the fact that wheat is food for yeast, many people leave t out of their diet permanently. Personally, for pure health benefits, I never eat wheat, corn, potatoes, diary or sugar. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Oat Bran Hot Cereal is perfect for both health and fighting Candida. It can be purchased at Amazon.

Whether or not you want to test the brown rice is up to you. But if you do, start very slowly with small amounts and look for any reactions that may appear.

My opinion is that one should stop eating carrots when the diet is started and leave them alone until all symptoms disappear. Whether or not you continue with them is up to you.

If Candida is still in your system enough to cause even small symptoms to be apparent, then introducing new foods at this point would probably feed the Candida left in your system and cause it to multiply.

Able

Joan

Hello Able

I´ll think you´re right about the grains.
    I´ve been tested for allergy- wheat, but negative. But I have always reacted to wheat and products containing wheat.
    I´ll get a imediate reaction i my mouth- tongue, when I eat tomatoes, beef and walnuts. Is it normal?

Uh, I just love carrots- but I´ll try to get them out of my meals. It´s just an easy snack together with almonds.

I´ll continue with the oil- pulling- it´s okay to do with the coconut oil.

I´ll have a look at the oat bran cereal.

Thans a lot for your advise:)

Joan

Joan

Just another question.

I haven´t been doing af detox at the start of my diet- no calcium clay etc. I´ve been on the diet for 6 weeks now( didn´t start with this one, but from another book). I still take husk, garlic, grapefruit extract and probiotic. Is that ok to continue with, or should I do a detox. And for how long should I take these products- husk, garlic etc?Until symptoms are gone?
    I´ve switched my toothpaste to one without sugar- but the new one makes my tongue completely white???!!

Joan

Able900
    Spectator

Bumping post for new members.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Joan,

Change out the toothpaste for sure and take one with as pure ingredients as possible (without sugars). Baking soda has beena historic toothpaste that is perfectly healthy.

Try to limit your sugar intakes from fruits to less than 15mg a day. This can be like one date, 5 small pieces watermelon, 2 strawberries, half an apple, etc.

If you can afford this, go to a naturopathic doctor and they’ll give you some other ideas on how to fight it off for good.

Able900
    Spectator

Bump up for new readers.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Oral Thrush’ is closed to new replies.