Optional Supplements?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Optional Supplements?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

xday2dazex
    Topics: 81
    Replies: 108

I’ve been reading up on our condition a lot more lately and taking a more balanced and all fronts strategy against it. I wanted to get the okay on each product I’m interested in from an experienced member on here before trying anything, or at least an opinion/alternative product.
    ————————————————————————————
    Red Clover Tea: Shown to have many health benefits, most importantly cleansing of the blood, boosting of the immune system, and treatment of inflammatory bowels.

Goldenseal Tea/Supplement: “Used widely in traditional medicine to treat functional disorders of the stomach, catarrhal gastritis, atonic dyspepsia, chronic constipation, hepatic congestion, etc. Berberine, a compound that in Goldenseal, demonstrates significant anti-fungal activity by preventing Candida yeasts from producing lipase, an enzyme which they use to help them in colonization.”

Lavender: “The lavender is a genusLavandula of flowering plants in the mint family, Lamiaceae, originated in Asia. It has been used in herbal medicine to treat microbial infection for the skin and reduces inflammation. Its essential oil components linalool and linalyl acetate show both fungistatic and fungicidal activity against C. albicans strains, thus reducing fungal progression and the spread of infection in host tissues.”

————————————————————————————
    I guess what I’m looking for is a strong treatment to boost my immune system and reduce stomach inflammation since these are the parts of my treatment I have overlooked the most in my fight. If anyone has recommendations on the best strategy for immune boosting and anti-inflammatory treatment, please reply.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Those sound like good options in my opinion, but depedning on how much you spend, you might get better results from supplements such as vitamins acde, minerals, and other antifungals, cod liver oil, etc.

I highly recommend chamomile tea and its great for constipation and is also anti-fungal. I use it as a caffeine replacement.

I am thinking about putting together a beneficial herbal tea list soon, if you want to help let me know.

-raster

xday2dazex
    Topics: 81
    Replies: 108

I’m already on most of the vitanins and minerals in the protocol and cod liver oil, I just wanted to add these in to get an extra edge. It’s funny, I actually grabbed chamomile tea tonight and had it with dinner. I saw an echinacea tea while I was at the store, but I didn’t want to mess with it because I saw spearmint in it and wasn’t sure if that would be safe. I’m drinking nettle leaf tea and ginger tea all the time lately. I’d be down to help on the list, one of the toughest things about the diet is not having many options for drinks. Once you take tea into account though there’s a lot more you can have and it’d be good for people to know that.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

All herbal teas are allowed on the diet. The main thing to worry about is molds within them, but boiling water kills molds. Teas with caffeine are not helpful for your recovery and this is why they are banned. I will come up with a tea list soon.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Optional Supplements?’ is closed to new replies.