Opinions on my personal tweaks to Able and raster's diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Opinions on my personal tweaks to Able and raster's diet?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

fml432
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 35

Here’s an update on my diet. Still having vaginal yeast infections. Now you’d almost expect this, as I’m not taking any meds for it, but I mean–the yeast infection is strong and hasn’t seemed to have waned at all. I did the cleanse for all of last week (three lemons a day eating nothing but what was on Able’s Approved Food List)

BUT, before all this, out of stress, I’d started smoking. Turns out? That isn’t good, so I’m quitting today.

Still, after roughly two weeks of following Able’s diet (first week no cleanse, second week did the cleanse) I felt there was no real change with my problem. It almost feels like it’s gotten worse recently. So what I did a week ago was stopped having ANY Truvia, NO coconut bread, and NO left overs. And I also started having ONLY water (no herbal tea, no coconut milk, no kefir). I started up the vitamin regimen two weeks ago, even doubling my take of probiotics and antifungals (more garlic on everything, one pill of coconut oil morning and night). I’m not sure if the yeast colony is feeding off of stuff still lingering in my colon, but here’s what I was thinking next:

Cut out oat bran – I know you guys said it was safe, but I’m wondering if my particular case is such that I cannot have this yet. I’d been eating it without truvia or coconut milk, but I’d been having it twice a day for maybe 3-4 days since I started my cleanse.

MAYBE cut out onions – my father was telling me that onions have alot of sugar in them (a medium onion has 9g – which is a lot I think, and that’s not considering the time’s I’ve used a large onion, or more than one onion)

After further speaking with my dad, I’ve decided to try and get a referral to a holistic doctor, or a nutritionist or something. After fighting this for two years, I became jaded by the whole process, because after bouncing around six different doctors of different specializations, NONE of them knew anything about my problem–or at least, not more than me–and I realize that sounds pompous, but when a doc tells you, “Gee, maybe it’s just the tomatoes?” one can’t help but get a sense they aren’t realizing the depth of the situation. Anyway, I spent tons of cash on medicine that only solved the problem for a few days at most, and I never felt like I was moving forward. But maybe suppressing the population somehow (via pills or creams) will help the probiotics and increase the effectiveness of the antifungals?

As far as die-off, I still don’t really feel anything. I think my occasional fatigue and irritability is more to do with me sitting around all day. I’ve been doing yoga twice a week for the last two weeks to see if that would help in the process of becoming healthier, but still no huge difference.

Anyway, for a full list of what I’ve been eating for the past two weeks, here it is:

Morning:

–2 Full glasses of water
    –1 bowl of Oat bran (it’s Bob’s Red Mill Organic Oat bran as recommended by raster)

Lunch:
    –1 glass of water
    –5 eggs cooked in olive oil. (sometimes with chopped bell pepper, onion, garlic, marjoram, oregano, parsley, rosemary, thyme, black pepper, asparagus, zucchini, and cucumber)

Dinner:
    –1-2 gull glasses of water
    –Grilled chicken with a small amount of fresh squeezed lemon juice over it (seasoned w/ rosemary, thyme, black pepper)

OR

–Grilled salmon and tilapia with a small amount of fresh squeezed lemon juice over it (parsley, marjoram, black pepper)

AND/OR

Stir-fried veggies in olive oil (bell pepper, onion, garlic, asparagus, zucchini, and cucumber)

OR

–A second helping of oat bran

OR

–5 eggs if I haven’t already had some.

Snacks (between breakfast, lunch, and after dinner):
    –2 boiled eggs
    –An avocado
    –A raw bell pepper

Thanksgiving (What I ate):

—Morning: Oat Bran
    —Lunch & Dinner: Baked whole chicken with pearl onions, onions, bell pepper, cucumber, garlic, rosemary, time, and a (comparatively) small amount of fresh lemon juice.

This is the probiotic I’m taking: Ultimate Flora Critical Care 50 Billion, Acidophilus Pearls by Ensymatic (1 billion) (the latter only in the morning)

Here’s also all the vitamins I’ve been taking:

Solaray – Dry Vitamin A (25,000 IU)
    –Solaray – Vitamin C (1000 MG)
    –Nature Made – Vitamin B-12 (500 MCG)
    –Nature Made – Fish Oil (1200 MG; 360 mg Omega-3)
    –Solaray – Mega Multi-Mineral
    –Pure Essence Labs – Vitamin D (5000 IU)
    –Solaray – Zinc (75 MG)
    –Earth Fare (health store generic) – Milk Thistle (350 MG) (ingredients = vegetable capsule, cellulose, silica, magnesium stearate, the latter being a vegetable source)
    –Solaray – Calcium and Magnesium (1000 MG Calcium; 500 MG Magnesium; 500 MG Glutamic Acid HCI)
    –Fruitrients – Pure Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (4000 MG) – My primary antifungal

So to summarize:

–I’m quitting smoking.
    –May quit eating oat bran and onions, ON TOP of having no truvia, coconut bread, coconut milk, no leftovers (meaning eating fresh only) and herbal tea.
    –Will be seeing my regular doctor for a referral to someone who can better assist me in my diet, and for getting medicine to suppress the yeast colonies.

What do you all think? I’m not trying to hate on Able and raster’s game plan — I think it’s great, but as Able said, we gotta listen to our bodies and I’m trying to see what is keeping my yeast so strong despite having gone stricter on what I eat. I tried to be as specific as I could.

Thanks in advance!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My naturopath couldn’t believe I was eating oat bran everyday; he said to reduce to once every 3 days. We also discussed diets, etc.

The main thing I came away with from our discussion is that you gotta rotate the foods in your diet. If you eat buckwheat every day throughout the diet, the candida can eventually adapt to this food item…same with eggs, rice, chicken, almost any food possible (except veggies). So if you ate oat bran maybe 2x per week, this may be a good alternative change to your diet. If you ate eggs 4 times per week, this may be better for your diet. Its all about changing it up.

Onions contain sugar, but so does many vegetables. If you follow the 25g of sugar a day rule, then having one onion (9g of sugar according to this website: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2501/2) is not the end of the world. Same with having one tomato (4g of sugar). Red pepper (7g of sugar). But then add in the greek yogurt (11g of sugar per serving) and we might have a problem. 1 cup of garlic is 1g of sugar. One head of lettuce contains 3g of sugar. Yes lettuce contains sugar!

So if you just ate a few slices of onion, a few slices of carrot, a few pieces of celery, radish, etc with your salad…then thats like 1-9g of sugar per serving or so. Ate this twice a day plus greek yogurt…25gish of sugar per day. Your body should be fine.

I would consider a diet where you ate chicken 3x per week and fish 3x per week and maybe something else(turkey?) 1x per week. Bucwheat 3x per week, red/black rice 3x per week, quinoa 1x per week or whatever you want to do.

Quitting smoking will help you tremendously and I smoke also. I think its a big part of why we are here. All of the vitamins/supplements sound OK, I just would add in the maybe molybdenum, maybe grape bitters, maybe cod liver oil, and/or SF722 (I think this is the most important of these three)…and then you will recovery somewhat quickly. If you can do sauna, hot tub, or steam room up to 6x per week, this will really help your bodies biggest organ detox from the candida. Even hot baths can help sweat out the toxins! I add inulin (FOS) to my breads and this can help heal the gut.

Stevia can cause problems because it causes a mucus response for the body; destroying the mucus is a major part of recovering from candida. If you want to cut it, I think its an OK idea.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster wrote: Stevia can cause problems because it causes a mucus response for the body; destroying the mucus is a major part of recovering from candida. If you want to cut it, I think its an OK idea.

Raster, where did you read the information about Stevia causing mucus production?

raster
    Participant

Dr. Mccomb’s and my own personal experience. Everytime I eat a food item with stevia in it, I get a mucus response; usually either a cough with some flem or sometimes a runny nose. I don’t get it to anything else I eat on the diet except when I have chicken with paprika on it. According to Dr. Mcoombs, stevia is so sweet that the body thinks of it being like sugar, and when you eat sugar, you get a mucus response.

I also sometimes get a mucus response/reaction from smoking, which is very typical as well.

-Raster

kty
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 17

Hi fml432, not sure if this will help. I haven’t been on the diet very long and am not an expert but my main/only symptom was back to back vaginal Yeast infections for 8 years. I started really well on the diet and was getting better by 2 weeks in, then I added Oatbran, coconut milk and naturel yoghurt too quickly and ended up with the infection back! I cut out those three things and it went away again. I’ve since added Buckwheat which is really versatile and so far no comebacks. I’m on week 6 now and fingers crossed I’ve been symptom free and die off free for 3 days. I’m not saying I’m cured but I feel much more positive about things. Just thought I’d share that with you as your symptoms are similar to mine and you mentioned the Oatbran. xx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster wrote: Dr. Mccomb’s and my own personal experience. Everytime I eat a food item with stevia in it, I get a mucus response; usually either a cough with some flem or sometimes a runny nose. I don’t get it to anything else I eat on the diet except when I have chicken with paprika on it. According to Dr. Mcoombs, stevia is so sweet that the body thinks of it being like sugar, and when you eat sugar, you get a mucus response. I also sometimes get a mucus response/reaction from smoking, which is very typical as well.

Hello, Raster.

It would be interesting to know if sugar always produced mucus in your body before you knew you had Candida. The infestation has a tendency to dry out the body more than normal, this (and the toxins) is why more water than normal is needed because a dryer body causes lots of problems and mucus is one o f these. So there’s no reason why drinking plenty of water with everything eaten wouldn’t prevent the mucus from being produced just like it prevents dehydration.
    Scientifically speaking, the only reason that sugar (or sugar substitutes) may possibly produce mucus is because it can act as a diuretic; this of course means that it may cause the removal of water from the body leading to mild or complete dehydration, of course if enough water isn’t being taken in to account for the loss, then the sugar along with less water can cause mucus secretions.

PS: Sorry, but I’d just as soon you not quote McCombs to me, as I’ve read and listened to his theories in the past, and I’m afraid I can’t hold any stock at all in most of what he has to say.

Able

fml432
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 35

kty, thanks for telling me your experience! I’m going to try and rotate my diet more and take it REAL easy on the oat bran. I may not even have any this week. I’m glad to hear you’re seeing some results though. I’m certain once I get this down right, I’ll start to feel better.

raster:
    I wrote this out a while after reading your suggestions, so your idea of turkey once a week, and chicken and fish 3x a week slipped my mind. Anyway, here’s what I was thinking for my first week rotation–

Nov 27th Sunday
    —————
    Morning: Buckwheat
    Snack: Avocado
    Lunch: Salad
    Dinner: Turkey thighs w/veggies

Nov 28th Monday
    —————-
    Morning: Veggie Omelette
    Snack: Celery sticks
    Lunch: Grilled veggies
    Dinner Chicken breast tenderloins w/veggies

Nov 29th Tuesday
    ——————-
    Morning: Oat Bran (–after kty’s input, I may not do this after all)
    Snack: Bellpepper/2 boiled eggs
    Lunch: Buckwheat/salad
    Dinner: Ground turkey stuffed in egg plant w/veggies

Nov 30th Wednesday
    ——————
    Morning: Veggie Omelette
    Snack: Celery
    Lunch: Grilled Veggies
    Dinner: Rutabaga (I still don’t really know any recipes to use for this, but I was going to try–maybe a soup or something?)

Dec 1st Thursday
    ————–
    Morning: Omelette
    Snack: Celery
    Lunch: Grilled Veggies
    Dinner: Tilapia filets (fish) w/veggies

Dec 2nd Friday
    —————
    Morning: Oat bran (again, may not do this)
    Snack: Broccoli
    Lunch: Veggie Omelette
    Dinner: Chicken breast w/veggies

Dec 3rd Saturday
    —————-
    Morning: Buckwheat
    Snack: Avocado
    Lunch: Salad
    Dinner: Tilapia filets (fish) w/veggies

Dec 4th Sunday
    —————
    This will be a challenging day, as I have to get up early to pick my mother up from the airport. I’ll be away from home most of the day and up at odd hours, so I need a LOT of fuel. So here’s what I was thinking:

Morning: Veggie Omelette w/coconut bread (I figure, given your input, that this couldn’t hurt to have)
    Snack: 2 avocados
    Lunch: Salad (likely at a store somewhere.)
    Dinner: Ground turkey w/veggies

The above is literally just what I have written down, but re-reading this topic, I think I’m going to switch out the turkey for more chicken and fish, and maybe during the course of the week I’ll eat more broccoli versus avocados. Also, no oat bran. I tallied all of the food items, and the only things I seem to have more than half of the week are eggs and avocados. Tallying my daily sugar intake to be at or under 25g will be something I’ll have to do daily because I don’t know what veggies I’ll use for each meal.

I feel more confident now that I have a game plan. Now I just gotta stick with it! Thank you all for being so patient with me while I figure this out. 🙂

raster
    Participant

I like how your new diet sounds! If possible, I would add in more side dishes to every meal. For instance, add in certain veggies with dinner like broccoli, cucumbers, etc (or a salad). On the weekends, I eat a salad twice a day (contains about 7 veggies for each salad). A simple one to add in is eggs for instance. Another one is the coconut (or coconut/buckwheat) bread. I also really like the pumpkin muffin bread for breakfast; if you wanted, simply using less pie spice may cause less problems.

Another great idea is to do a food diary to look for ways to tweak your meals. For instance, you may notice that you feel good after certain meals while not after others. Just a thought.

I wish you luck. If you want any other suggestions for supplements, we got plenty of ideas. If you can sweat out the toxins via sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, or even hot bath…this can greatly reduce die off symptoms.

-Raster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Opinions on my personal tweaks to Able and raster's diet?’ is closed to new replies.