Onions and tomatoes?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Onions and tomatoes?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Roman
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hey everyone, I am new to the forums but not to Candida. I have been suffering from this illness for about 3 years and have only started aggressive treatment about 1 month ago. I must say progress is slow and difficult.

My question is, are tomatoes and onions OK in a candida diet. I have read many conflicting reports saying they are fine, while others say to stay away from both. I was hoping someone had a definitive answer.

Thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Roman,

Onions are allowed, they have antifungal properties. Tomatoes on the other hand are an iffy one because they are technically a fruit. Each tomatoe contains about 3g of sugar as well! Even though this is not a lot it, it’d be best to save them for phase 2 if possible. Or use them sparingly whenever you absolutely have to have them.

Hope this helps. Onions contain about 5g of sugar per onion as well. I don’t think many of us eat a whole onion at a time though.

Here is some info:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/27534-list-calories-fruits-vegetables/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Onions and tomatoes?’ is closed to new replies.