One remaining symptom

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions One remaining symptom

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

sallyf024
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 22

After 6 months down, strict diet and anti fungals, I am feeling much better. I will continue this plan but I still have a nasty oral thrush. I am not sure if I still have it intestinally but it is definitely in my mouth as sores and burning tongue. I would appreciate insights you may have.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Sally.

I can tell you before I type this that you may think it all sounds about as crazy as anything you’ve heard. But do you own research if you choose to, there’s plenty of it around both online and in libraries.

Something called ‘oil pulling therapy’ is supposed to have a very good chance of, if not curing, at least greatly eliminating most of the yeast of oral thrush. If you do your own research, you may see it referred to as “oil swishing.” What it amounts to is putting a good mouthful or a tablespoon full of oil in a clean mouth and then swishing it around just like you’d do if you were using a mouth wash. You need to do this for 10 to 15 minutes at least, and you won’t swallow it any more than you’d swallow your mouth wash.

‘Swishing’ of course means to push it back and forth between your teeth as well as all around your mouth, back and front. The oil will grow thicker as you swish it around, but after a while it should start to feel thin or watery. Spit it out at the end of the time, rinse with salt water and brush your teeth very well. The oil pulling gets rid of the toxins and bacteria in your mouth without disturbing the healthy flora.

Oil pulling is native to the country of India, and apparently this therapy has been going on for thousands of years, all the way back to the Ayurvedic medicine period, with both Hinduism and Buddhism having a great influence on this particular medicine practice. From what I understand, one of the main goals of Ayurvedic medicine was to eliminate toxic elements from the body, which of course the oil pulling therapy addresses.

A few things to remember:

1. Do the oil-pulling on an empty stomach with a clean mouth – up to three times a day (optional), first thing in the morning and before each meal.

2. Wash, clean and blow your nose before the therapy.

3. While the oil is in your mouth, you can slowly blow your nose to clear while holding the oil inside the mouth.

4. Sensations or even irritation may possibly cause you to sneeze or cough while doing the oil pulling. Just try to go slowly and remain as relaxed as possible.

5. If phlegm gathers in your mouth or throat, you can spit and start over with fresh oil.

6. Try to purchase unprocessed oils such as coconut oil, sesame, or safflower.
    Whether or not you try this is up to you, but do some research before you decide either way, see what others who have used the method have to say about it.

Able

sallyf024

Wow, even after all the research I’ve done, I haven’t heard of this swishing! Thank you so much! I wish I could say how excited I am but the thought of swishing oil in my mouth makes me a little ill. And I am a Buddhist! BUT I can do this! Thanks for all your valuable advice on this forum.

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Hi, Sally 🙂 I’m sorry you’re still battling this thrush issues after 6 months! A few questions came to mind as I read your initial post. Did you begin reintroducing foods even though your thrush wasn’t cleared up or are you still in the Stage 1 diet? Also, are you using a toothpaste/mouthwash that has added sweeteners – even just sorbitol or sucralose? And, lastly, have you been using a tongue scraper or a separate toothbrush to cleanse your tongue several times a day?

You may have already done this, but my first inclination would be to go back (if you’re not still there) to the Stage 1 diet *and eliminate all grains* until the thrush clears up.

I have some other thoughts, too (I’ve had mild thrush on and off since April – caused by antibiotics), but I’ll wait until I hear back from you to share more 🙂

sallyf024

Hope, thanks for your post. I have never used a scraper since there has never been the white coating on my tongue. Mostly it has been small sores in my mouth. But I have been using my toothbrush and will start by alternating new ones.
    I am pretty much still on stage 1 with the exception of yogurt and brown rice. I lost 30 lbs and my doctor was really concerned since I am already tall and skinny so he started me on these. This appears to be a diet for life for me. I have never had any problem on trying to reintroduce new foods (nor did I have any die off symptoms!) I was diagnosed by a gastrointologist and have photos of the infestation in my lower intestines and trachea. He was unable to treat me successfully so I switched to an alternative physician who has gotten me to this point along with a acupuncturist and some Chinese supplements. It seems that adrenal exhaustion has played a big part as I got much better when I started the adrenal tonic. The swishing has improved the thrush a lot and I will continue this. What a long strange trip this has been!

Hope

No kidding 😉

I certainly hope you’re on your way to a recovery soon, Sally. You’re very wise to stay in Stage 1 until your symptoms are resolved. Are you taking probiotics at all? If so, I wonder if you’d share which ones and about how many per day?

sallyf024

I am taking Innate Flora 20-14 Ultra Strength – 2 in the am and 2 in the pm…on an empty stomach. Also ProSynbiotic by Standard Process – 1 ea in the am & pm, also on an empty stomach. The reason for the second one is because it contains boulardi and the Innate does not.Hope this helps! Thanks

Hope

Man – sure hope things start to clear up for you. Sounds like you’re doing things right. Best wishes to you!

sallyf024

Thanks so much, Hope. This has been a major shift in my life and it turns out to be a good thing. This forum has played an important part of my recovery and I am very grateful.
    Blessings!

sallyf024

Able the swishing works! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    How do you feel about the spit test? Is it truly effective? The one I did this morning had no strings but did have residue on the bottom.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Sally.

Thank you so much for letting the forum know that the oil therapy can help them, I believe a lot of people think that it’s just another quack’s crazy idea. If you will, I would appreciate it if you would post that same information on the post I made titled “Oral Thrush” so that more people who are interested will find it.

As far as the spit test is concerned, I don’t have a lot of faith in it, partly because results between different Candida sufferers can vary so much, but also because we all have Candida in our systems, some to a higher degree than others, so I have to wonder if this fact alone could make the test negligible in some cases. You’re more likely to have an answer from your personal results. Were the results different, meaning positive for Candida, before you tried the oil therapy? If so, that means that the test probably worked for you.

I’m really glad that the therapy helped you. Thanks again for letting us all know.
    Able

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘One remaining symptom’ is closed to new replies.