Once again…coconut butter

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Once again…coconut butter

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

lola555
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 16

Pardon my ignorance but I keep seeing the yummy recipes that include coconut butter. I know it is included in the diet, but the Artisana brand I see has 1.9 grams sugar. Do the benefits of the cocnut flesh outway the sugar? I want to know if I can still eat it later!

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

lola555 wrote: Pardon my ignorance but I keep seeing the yummy recipes that include coconut butter. I know it is included in the diet, but the Artisana brand I see has 1.9 grams sugar. Do the benefits of the cocnut flesh outway the sugar? I want to know if I can still eat it later!

Coconut Oil shouldn’t have any sugar in it. I imagine creamed coconut does, but I think the answer is yes. Same as with coconut flour, etc, etc

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Everything has sugar at some level, our body needs the glucose. The only ingredient is coconut in this product, so its really fine to take.

lola555
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 16

Thank you Chris and benc 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

To put this in perspective, there is 3g of sugar per head of lettuce. There’s 4g of sugar in a red onion. 15 blueberries contain 8g of sugar. There’s sugar in everything basically, and thats why this is a low sugar diet. If we were to completely avoid sugar in everything we eat, we would be down to drinking water only.

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Once again…coconut butter’ is closed to new replies.