On the right track?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions On the right track?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  newtothis 7 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

newtothis
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 13

Okay so I finally went through the whole website and made notes, and then went through about eight pages of this general forum getting all the advice you guys have been giving out recently (really supportive, thank you). But I would like someone, or a few of you to comment on what I am currently eating and whether I am experiencing die off or not

Up until yesterday:
    protein:
    mainly chicken and eggs…came home for the weekend felt super awkward, ate steak and ham cause I didn’t want to be weird (i know..bad choice)
    grains:
    coconut bread
    white rice puffs in almond milk
    oat bran
    veggies:
    celery
    spinach
    bok choy
    broccolli
    asparagus
    starch: cheated on potatoes/sweet potatoes this weekend, feeling like it was a free for all now that I am home where there is a junk cupboard
    probiotics:
    1 tab in the morning and found some goat yogurt that I have been eating a lot of

As of today
    started with probiotic and lemon water ( I drink a ton of lemon water but somehow super dehydrated)
    next had a giant bowl of goat yogurt sweetened with xylitol
    then three eggs
    fast forward to lunch
    fibre drink of doom
    eggs again and a spinach salad with apple cider vinegar, also put spices on it which i now realize had mother effing sugar in them…so not impressed
    glass of almond milk

waited an hour: then took antifungals: olive leaf, caprilic acid, a weeee bit of grapeseedoil/oregano oil drops in water (tastes like total crap) almost hurled.

SO: with that info….here are my symptoms

I have sort of sore skin
    tight musculature
    dehydrated
    got sick on Thursday with a cough and pheghmy throat…parents tried to give me antibiotics, refused
    sweating in sleep
    tired
    no motivation to study or exercise
    sensitive to things people say…kind of down in the dumps
    headache (from tight muscles i think)
    sick/gassy stomach with lots of burps that feel like i might puke

so uhhh, what do you think?

THank you SOSOSOSOSOSO much!

p.s. mom is coming home today with vit c, b12,b5 and molybdenum anything she can find. have ordered the molybdenum amino acid chelate

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

newtothis wrote: Okay so I finally went through the whole website and made notes, and then went through about eight pages of this general forum getting all the advice you guys have been giving out recently (really supportive, thank you). But I would like someone, or a few of you to comment on what I am currently eating and whether I am experiencing die off or not

Up until yesterday:
    protein:
    mainly chicken and eggs…came home for the weekend felt super awkward, ate steak and ham cause I didn’t want to be weird (i know..bad choice)
    grains:
    coconut bread
    oat bran
    veggies:
    celery
    spinach
    bok choy
    broccolli
    asparagus
    starch: cheated on potatoes/sweet potatoes this weekend, feeling like it was a free for all now that I am home where there is a junk cupboard
    probiotics:
    1 tab in the morning and found some goat yogurt that I have been eating a lot of

As of today
    started with probiotic and lemon water ( I drink a ton of lemon water but somehow super dehydrated)
    next had a giant bowl of goat yogurt sweetened with xylitol
    then three eggs
    fast forward to lunch
    fibre drink of doom
    eggs again and a spinach salad with apple cider vinegar, also put spices on it which i now realize had mother effing sugar in them…so not impressed
    glass of almond milk

waited an hour: then took antifungals: olive leaf, caprilic acid, a weeee bit of grapeseedoil/oregano oil drops in water (tastes like total crap) almost hurled.

SO: with that info….here are my symptoms

I have sort of sore skin
    tight musculature
    dehydrated
    got sick on Thursday with a cough and pheghmy throat…parents tried to give me antibiotics, refused
    sweating in sleep
    tired

so uhhh, what do you think?

THank you SOSOSOSOSOSO much!

p.s. mom is coming home today with vit c, b12,b5 and molybdenum anything she can find. have ordered the molybdenum amino acid chelate

I would say you are on the right track. How far into the diet are you? If it is less than a month I would not be eating starches yet especially potatoes, sweet spuds would be okay further down the road in very small amounts. White rice puffs should definitely go also. Oat bran great choice, lots of soluble fibre moves things along and contains Prebiotics. I would add to your diet(not sure maybe it is your “Fibre drink of doom”, either Inulin or Acacia Fibre, I add Acacia to my oat bran in the morning to making it super high in fibre. I cannot myself eat eggs mild allergy (candida induced) but there a good source of protein no doubt. A great vegetable to add to your diet is Kale, I love it its like spinach but more nutrient dense and has many way to prepare it my favourite being Kale Chips tastes like thin potato chips with that crunch. For your muscles take Magnesium Salt Baths AKA Epsom Salt really helps muscle pain, tightness, relaxation, and helps with constipation because of the magnesium. How much sugar per serving is in your Almond Milk? I have heard on this forum that there is not a low sugar variety. I drink unsweetened Coconut Milk. For your emotions you should consider taking perhaps one of these Adaptogens such as Ashwagandha, Holy Basil Extract, L Theanine, or 5 HTP. For the gas eat Fennel Seeds after a meal and add them to your cooking also. The sweating and lack of sleep easily could be die off which from your post you said you did not have Molybdenum. In the near future consider fermenting your own Kefir, either Water or Milk. Both are great and if you can handle it brew both. The exercise will come in time when you feel better with less die off, remember this is a very slow recovery, it is a marathon not a sprint.

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Welcome, and good job taking this huge step to deal with this.

Keep avoiding those antibiotics, except if there is no other way healthwise. Is there a serious reason why your parents wanted to give you antibiotics?

First off. Get rid of the white rice puffs. White rice is poison on this diet. Forget cereal in general. Make sure your almond milk is unsweetened, and even then it might contain mold. Check for reactions on almond milk alone.

Consider adding brown rice if left with too few options.

If you feel like dying then you are experiencing die off. The symptoms that you mention are not neccesarily die off in my experience, it might aswell be sugar depression. Though there are differences in die off symptoms, a couple of things that are typical die off are extreme fatigue, feeling spaced out and terrible sugar cravings.

newtothis

Thanks for the quick responses guys! This forum is the best thing ever!

Chris 24: I started the regimen with colonics but skipped the cleanse part and went straight into the strict diet part(stage 2 I think). I have been on the strict diet to the best of my abilities for around a month. As for the antibiotic issue…mom is a pharmacist, stepdad is a doctor, dad-far away-is a homeopath…so its kind of always been an issue. This time it was because I get tonsilitus really easily (hence the antibiotics and candida) so they were like omg! sore throat get on azithromicin! and i was like: uhhhhhhhh maybe not this time.. 🙂

blakek89: Thank you for your response. Those suggestions on supplements etc to help me deal with every issue are going to be wonderful. I just checked my almond milk and it contains no sugar. I will look into the mould part though, thanks! The rest of your suggestions are awesome! Will look into them.

So I can eat all the oat bran I want? Because I can totally deal with that..

newtothis

Quite possible mixed up those responses to you guys..oops!

blakek89

newtothis wrote: Thanks for the quick responses guys! This forum is the best thing ever!

Chris 24: I started the regimen with colonics but skipped the cleanse part and went straight into the strict diet part(stage 2 I think). I have been on the strict diet to the best of my abilities for around a month. As for the antibiotic issue…mom is a pharmacist, stepdad is a doctor, dad-far away-is a homeopath…so its kind of always been an issue. This time it was because I get tonsilitus really easily (hence the antibiotics and candida) so they were like omg! sore throat get on azithromicin! and i was like: uhhhhhhhh maybe not this time.. 🙂

blakek89: Thank you for your response. Those suggestions on supplements etc to help me deal with every issue are going to be wonderful. I just checked my almond milk and it contains no sugar. I will look into the mould part though, thanks! The rest of your suggestions are awesome! Will look into them.

So I can eat all the oat bran I want? Because I can totally deal with that..

I wouldn’t say eat all the bran you want. I mean within reason use common sense, there is a fair amount of carbohydrates in a serving. I cannot eat eggs myself so for breakfast I eat 3/4 cup of Gluten Free Oat Bran with acacia fibre, stevia, either cinnamon or raw cacao powder, coconut oil, and sometimes a handful of frozen organic wild blueberries. Also I eat sausage, usually buffalo or lamb, often pork and beef and sometimes turkey.

blakek89

You can edit your response if there is a typo or and error.
    Click the “edit” button

newtothis

But that breakfast is a nono for me being on the strict diet wrt the blueberries and cocao powder and the pork?

newtothis

also…is there an amount of goat yogurt that would be a terrible idea to eat? I tend to look upon newly found options as my one and only food saviour and then possibly over-consume

blakek89

newtothis wrote: But that breakfast is a nono for me being on the strict diet wrt the blueberries and cocao powder and the pork?

Sorry I should have said this before. This is my diet and I am not telling you to eat this. And you are correct about the berries, cacao, and pork.

blakek89

newtothis wrote: also…is there an amount of goat yogurt that would be a terrible idea to eat? I tend to look upon newly found options as my one and only food saviour and then possibly over-consume

I don’t eat yoghurt because of a mild candida induced dairy allergy. But if I were I think around 1 cup would be good. Don’t quote me on the that though, maybe ask raster he eats yogurt.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

newtothis wrote:

I don’t think you should have white rice of any kind on this diet.

newtothis wrote:
    I have sort of sore skin
    tight musculature
    dehydrated
    sweating in sleep
    tired

I had all but sore skin and headache.

newtothis wrote:

I don’t think you should be having vitamin B besides biotin. Read this post for supplements you need: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx

Good luck!

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d say that you are on the right track. I would look at eating 3-4 course meals if possible if you want to keep your weight up. I would next research what types of supplements you are going to take.

-raster

newtothis

Thank you all for your input. It makes me feel much better to have positive reinforcement. The molybdenum came in today. Yippeeee!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘On the right track?’ is closed to new replies.