On the go Snacks?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions On the go Snacks?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lucylu 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

lindsayl28
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I’m on the go a lot for work and my go to carry along snacks before the candida diet were fruit, granola bars, and string cheese. Aside from nuts I’m having a hard time finding snacks with carbs that I can take with me throughout the day. Any suggestions?

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

raw veggies, I also pack snack size greek yogurts to go…it is a bit harder but I have learned to make it work.

I leave the house with a baggie of celery, peppers, brocoli, cauliflower ets. Sometimes a hard boiled egg….it is easier now that I’m in a routine. It was hard at first.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Stuffed olives are good if you can find them without preservatives.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

The olive are a great idea – I hadn’t thought of bringing them out & about. I ussually have a lemon & an avocado in my bag at all times!! the lemon obviously in case I’m offered a hot drink while out… and the avocado can be eaten on the go if you have a plastic knife & spoon with you. I also once ate a tin of sardines in the car with my fingers but don’t recommend that haha! I sometimes mix some tinned wild salmon and some homemade mayo and bring it in a little tub – it can be scooped up with veggie stick or buckwheat crispbread. (But obviously you’ll need a little cooler bag and somewhere to sit for this option)

I’m really looking forward to trying some soaked & roasted nuts at some stage. they’ll be so handy to have out & about and to fill a gap!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Coconut bread, pumpkin pie muffin bread, and salads are items I bring aroudn with me.

Nuts are not recommended on the diet because they contain molds.

-Raster

Lucylu

Nuts – yes I realise they’re not recommended for the early stage of the diet, that’s why I said “at some stage”… should have clarified that could mean this time next year!

katilove
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Edamame not good?

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

katilove wrote: Edamame not good?

They’re soy beans. Things like soy and gluten are best avoided until after you’ve recovered. I’m not sure if soy in particular has any other detrimental effects.

Lucylu

Javizy… apparantly soya is highly inflammatory?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘On the go Snacks?’ is closed to new replies.