On the diet I've gone from not so sensitive to hyper sensetive (food related)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions On the diet I've gone from not so sensitive to hyper sensetive (food related)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  dannyle87 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

Hi! I was wondering if someone could sort this out for me. Before starting the diet, sure I felt worse than today, I had yellow diarrhea every morning, bad skin and other things.

But after five-six months on the protocol I’ve noticed that I’ve become hyper sensetive to food i.e if I differ just a little from my ordinary foods consisting of eggs, some sort of meat (chicken, fish), zucchini, cucumber, lemon, lettuce, occational tomatoe I get really, really bad gas, a feeling of discomfort in the belly and pain.

Before I could actually eat candy and even Mc. donalds witouth this sort of reactions. Maybe I’d get diarrhea the next day, but it was never like this. So, what exactly has happened? Is it a good thing? Bad?

Also I can no longer digest spinach (at all) which I have always been able to eat in the past. What’s that about? Hmm, some input would be nice 🙂

Thanks!

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Angor wrote: Hi! I was wondering if someone could sort this out for me. Before starting the diet, sure I felt worse than today, I had yellow diarrhea every morning, bad skin and other things.

But after five-six months on the protocol I’ve noticed that I’ve become hyper sensetive to food i.e if I differ just a little from my ordinary foods consisting of eggs, some sort of meat (chicken, fish), zucchini, cucumber, lemon, lettuce, occational tomatoe I get really, really bad gas, a feeling of discomfort in the belly and pain.

Before I could actually eat candy and even Mc. donalds witouth this sort of reactions. Maybe I’d get diarrhea the next day, but it was never like this. So, what exactly has happened? Is it a good thing? Bad?

Also I can no longer digest spinach (at all) which I have always been able to eat in the past. What’s that about? Hmm, some input would be nice 🙂

Thanks!

Yes the same has happened to me to an differing extent.

I was explained that the anti fungals clear the yeast or fungus from your stomach, leaving the leaky gut further exposed.

I’m 6 months in, and can tolerate a lot more, but still have to be careful. I do sometime wonder, when i’m getting further die off, or digestive issues, if i’ve done more harm than good – I guess time will tell.

dforbreakfast
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 39

That’s interesting about the yeast clearing out from the gut and leaving the “holes” more exposed than they were when the candida was settled in; it would explain a sudden sensitivity to foods you used to be able to tolerate. I guess us leaky gut-ers should focus on healing the gut with anti-inflammatories and pre/pro-biotics along with the ruthless murder of yeast.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

This is the explanation I’ve given on the forum but it may not be scientifically accurate; all I know is that many many forum members experienced this and its due to leaky gut bottom-line. You may have not noticed leaky gut in the past, but you certainly experience now. Previously your allergic reactions likely were just the mucous cough, headache, or occasional acne, but when the candida gets destroyed, it becomes a whole new monster. The only way I look at it is that you once didn’t have noticeable holes in your gut, but now you do have them. The main difference between now and then is that you are eating healthy and killing candida. So I conclude that killing candida causes the holes in the gut.

Controlling and reducing the inflammation is the best way to get over leaky gut and it takes a lot of patience and persistence.

It took me about 6 months to mostly kill the candida and the next 6 months to cleanup from its damage. Keep on eating those veggies, taking your supplements, and improving your digestion; you’ll notice a change in the coming months for the better.

-raster

Flipper
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 79

This has happened to me too. And today I found out that due to the leaky gut I’m now allergic to most of the foods I’ve been eating on the protocol. I’m down to spinach, chicken and salmon. I’me even allergic to lettuce! I’ve still got a good case of candida as well so I need to keep at it. I’m pretty depressed about it tho.

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Have also read where eating the same foods repetitively can cause allergies……

out2shop
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Wow I just joined this forum, and I can honestly say is nice to know I am not alone, I have been having digestive problems for a few years. However after the last strong treatment of antibiotics, my problems got worse, and my GI doctor said it was irritable bowel syndrome. However, I felt it was more than that, something had to be causing IBS.
    I progressively got worse, so I was forced to do lots of internet research on my own, that’s how I came across this website. After reading about the symptoms and what causes candida overgrowth I knew my problem was caused by candida. I just saw my doctor yesterday and I told him that I believed I have candida overgrow because my bloating and symptoms keep getting worse, so he said he will schedule another, (my third) endoscopy of my upper GI, to see if I have candida overgrow.

After reading about the diet to kill candida I started the diet. I am used to eating healthy, but I sometimes I over indulge with desert. Often I had cravings for carbohydrates like muffins or sweet breads. After my last antibiotic treatment, plus using the birth control pill, bloating got very bad.
    When I read about the diet I decided to start asap, which was 3 day ago, first day I felt sick all day, then on the second day I had one buckwheat pancake and my day was not as bad, but I read buckwheat should be on the 3rd stage, so no pancake today and feel sick, the first day I felt to tired and couldn’t concentrate at work, then the second day I made buckwheat pancakes and I felt better.
    Then I realized after reading that those should be for the 3rd stage I didn’t eat then today, so I feel sick again. Nauseous, bloated and I don’t want to be around people. I already lost 3 lbs in 3 days, and I am not happy about that, so reading about getting the leaky gut, worries me. I used to feel alone, my husband doesn’t seen to be too sympathetic about my problem, which I understand… unless they are in your shoes and feel what we feel is hard for them to know what we are going through.
    Is nice to read what others are experiencing to know if what we feel is normal.
    Thank you all for sharing and I hope we all get better. I can’t wait to that day when I feel better
    MG

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello out2shop,

Welcome to the forum. We have a strict forum diet that allows buckwheat if you are interested; email able900. I personally ate buckwheat throughout my treatment and it hasn’t been a problem, so I wouldn’t worry about it.

The stages we follow on the forum:
    stage 0: cleanse
    stage 1: long term strict diet
    stage 2: For when you get better and can tolerate more foods
    stage 3: Basically symptom free and can cheat a few times a week but generally can handle everything.

-raster

dannyle87
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

Finally I am not the only one and not gone crazy. Yes I used to be able to tolerate fast food, candy all fruits and now I cant have milk, apples, bananas or MINERAL WATER!!! So am I allergic or sensitive to these foods? Every time I try it, I get crazy itch all over my body and rashes…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘On the diet I've gone from not so sensitive to hyper sensetive (food related)’ is closed to new replies.