On the diet and not feeling well… advice?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions On the diet and not feeling well… advice?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Himawari
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 65

Background:
    For over a year now, I’ve suffered from eczema. It got very severe a year ago, and I started using cortisone creams almost all over my body every day. I was raised to avoid conventional medications (esp. antibiotics, etc.) as much as possible, but I looked like an extra in some kind of pandemic horror flick, my skin was so bad. I’ve had allergies since childhood, so I already had a good number of anti-allergy measures in place, but I still tried changing everything I could about my environment (even so far as spending a month abroad!) but nothing seemed to help, and I still have no idea what triggers it. (Could be completely irrelevant, but after almost a lifetime of never taking antibiotics, I did take a few courses months before the eczema started.) After a year of using steroid creams to some degree daily, I got desperate, and tried changing my diet. Stumbled across a website suggesting a possible link between eczema and a yeast overgrowth, and while I don’t have many of the symptoms indicative of a yeast overgrowth, and haven’t had the overgrowth verified with a medical professional, but I was desperate enough to go on the Candida diet anyway. I also figured I could check for various food allergies simultaneously, since most of the typical suspects (dairy, wheat, corn, etc.) are not allowed on the diet anyway.

I’m currently a post-grad student, so my diet and stress levels were admittedly not great before the diet. Not a lot of veggies, good amount of eating out, definite sweet tooth. I was raised by a health nut, so I tried to keep my diet better than the typical American diet, but admittedly not by much.

Current Diet:
    – Lots of beef, pork, some chicken, some fish. Because of where I live buying 100% organic meat is virtually impossible, but I’m buying better-than-conventional (reduced hormones, better feed, etc.)
    – Lots of green leafy vegetables (mostly organic)
    – Some other vegetables (namely green beans, eggplant, green peppers, green onion, onion) (mostly organic)
    – Some millet and buckwheat (try to eat as little as possible, but see below)
    – Nuts and seeds (walnuts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds)
    – Other: olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, oregano, garlic, fresh basil, brown rice cakes (very occasionally)
    – Other than garlic, I’m not taking any anti-fungals or other medications (except Claritin for my daily allergies)

For the first week, I was eating beans, but have since cut them out. For the first two weeks I was eating brown rice, but have also cut that out. For the second week I was drinking soy milk, but have since cut that out. A few days ago I had some Rice Dream, but didn’t have it again after noticing how sweet it tasted (11g of sugar per serving from the rice… eep!) Otherwise, I’ve kept to the diet very strictly.

Problem:
    I’ve been on the diet in some form for over three weeks now (see above), and after 7 days I began developing what I assumed were die-off symptoms. Headaches, lack of energy, dizziness, brain fog. According to everything I’ve read, those are supposed to go away after a few days, and then you’re supposed to start feeling better. But I feel awful. I’ve had these symptoms to some degree or another for two straight weeks now. Before starting the diet, I never had any problems with these (except headaches, but I’m 95% certain those were caused by a neck injury).

As indicated above, I’m trying to keep the amount of grains I eat minimal, but I feel like that’s just backfiring on me. I’m constantly hungry, and never feel satisfied even after a huge meal (or just get hungry again an hour later). Before starting the diet I was running at least 4-6km/day, but now it’s physically exhausting just to ride my bike around town.

The brain fog is affecting my studies, and the headaches and dizziness just make daily life difficult. The lack of energy makes participation in extracurricular activities difficult (I have very poor stamina and felt like passing out three minutes into a dance lesson because we were practicing twirls). Throw in the fact that all of my time is now spent cooking, cleaning up, and shopping, and the fact that I can no longer go out to restaurants and bars with my friends (unless I just plan on sitting there sipping water and eating a bag of sunflower seeds, which I’ve done on occasion), and I’m not exactly thrilled with the way the diet is progressing.

Question:
    Am I missing something here? Are there other people who’ve experienced long die-off periods and insatiable hunger? I realize I’m only three weeks in, but I got the impression you were supposed to start feeling symptom relief not additional symptoms at this point. Being a student living off of savings in a tiny apartment (overseas, might I add) makes staying on the diet difficult enough as is. Should I be eating more grains? Less meat? Avoiding something on my list? Just stick it out a little while longer? Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

kelandu
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 63

Hi there.
    i too felt dreadful for weeks when I started the diet. i lived on homemade vegatable soup for a few weeks and nothing else. I cant speak for you because we are all different but if Im honest I didnt see an improvemnet for about 6 weeks, then suddenly wham! I started to feel about 5% better every week. Its a long process if you have it bad, I think mine got systemic and had really taken hold before i found out what it was. Its a long journey and i feel for you. Im 11 months in and 70-80% better, I hoped to be fully cured by now but ive learned so much on the way and i know i am getting there and you will too! you are doing so well considering how many people give in at the first sign of die off.
    I also take caprillyic acid and biocin daily as well as vitamin c. I am waiting for my blood purifyer to come because its supposed to kill candida in a few weeks. If it works i will be posting the results on here.
    keep up the good work and rememebr you are not alone. You are on the right track and your body is fighting to get its balance, its an illness that affects us all differently and some people take longer to recover but know you are doing the right thing and it will get better. good luck! x

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sounds like you are progressing readily, but you need to alter your diet even more if possible.

First, I would cut the pork and the beef because this can cause a lot of ammonia production. Chicken and seafood is just fine.

Second, I would cut the millet because this isn’t allowed. I would switch to oat or rice bran or more buckwheat instead.

You have done well avoiding the rice and rice products; it is a good practice to understand what your body is telling you.

I would check out these posts:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst815_Dieoff-Dangers.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst944_About-that-Hunger.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst968_THE-SITES-SUGGESTIONS.aspx

Molybdenum can reduce die-off. Cod liver oil can reduce inflammation. Sweating out the toxins via steam room, sauna, or even hot bath can drastically reduce die-off symtoms.

-Raster

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

kelandu wrote: Hi there.
    i too felt dreadful for weeks when I started the diet. i lived on homemade vegatable soup for a few weeks and nothing else. I cant speak for you because we are all different but if Im honest I didnt see an improvemnet for about 6 weeks, then suddenly wham! I started to feel about 5% better every week. Its a long process if you have it bad, I think mine got systemic and had really taken hold before i found out what it was. Its a long journey and i feel for you. Im 11 months in and 70-80% better, I hoped to be fully cured by now but ive learned so much on the way and i know i am getting there and you will too! you are doing so well considering how many people give in at the first sign of die off.
    I also take caprillyic acid and biocin daily as well as vitamin c. I am waiting for my blood purifyer to come because its supposed to kill candida in a few weeks. If it works i will be posting the results on here.
    keep up the good work and rememebr you are not alone. You are on the right track and your body is fighting to get its balance, its an illness that affects us all differently and some people take longer to recover but know you are doing the right thing and it will get better. good luck! x

…am waiting for my blood purifyer to come because its supposed to kill candida in a few weeks. If it works i will be posting the results on here.

What is this I never heard about it??!

cheers
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thomas wrote: “…am waiting for my blood purifyer to come because its supposed to kill candida in a few weeks. If it works i will be posting the results on here.”

Hi, Thomas.

A typical blood purifier is a mixture of herbs which will help to detox the body, but they can’t heal or kill all the Candida anymore than a glass of water can. There are plenty of products which are ‘supposed’ to cure a Candida infestation in two weeks or two months or whatever, but as I think everyone on this forum knows by now, they won’t. The only things that can “kill” Candida are antifungals and acid producing bacteria.

Blood-cleansing and general detox herbs are:

Burdock, red clover, milk thistle, yellow dock, chaparral leaf, goldenseal root, mistletoe herb, cat’s claw, bloodroot, Oregon grape, and cayenne, among others. One of the best blood purifiers available the simple, lovable lemon.

“Live long and grow wiser.”
    Able

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Able900 wrote:

“…am waiting for my blood purifyer to come because its supposed to kill candida in a few weeks. If it works i will be posting the results on here.”

Hi, Thomas.

A typical blood purifier is a mixture of herbs which will help to detox the body, but they can’t heal or kill all the Candida anymore than a glass of water can. There are plenty of products which are ‘supposed’ to cure a Candida infestation in two weeks or two months or whatever, but as I think everyone on this forum knows by now, they won’t. The only things that can “kill” Candida are antifungals and acid producing bacteria.

Blood-cleansing and general detox herbs are:

Burdock, red clover, milk thistle, yellow dock, chaparral leaf, goldenseal root, mistletoe herb, cat’s claw, bloodroot, Oregon grape, and cayenne, among others. One of the best blood purifiers available the simple, lovable lemon.

“Live long and grow wiser.”
    Able

ah, I see, thank you again. I guess I only move on with our plan here at the forum.
    yours
    thomas

Himawari

First off, I want to thank you all for your feedback. I’m currently reading through it.

I was hoping to have this clarified, however:

raster wrote:
    Second, I would cut the millet because this isn’t allowed. I would switch to oat or rice bran or more buckwheat instead.

I see millet as being on both the main site’s list of allowed foods, as well as the forum page link you provided.

kelandu
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 63

hi there
    the blood purifier i am talking about is a gadget, its not herbs. It was created by doctor robert beck. there are actually 2 . look him up on youtube. I have hears some good feedback from him. my partner is making me the blood zapper, its like a small electro pulser. you put it on your 2 pressure points on the wrist, it sends an electric pulse at safe levels. Its too complicated to go into on here but if you look him up see what you think. hulda clarke also do a version of this to kill parasites. I havent done the herb one because im not confident it would work but this one im waiting for sounds really good.

Able900
    Spectator

Himawari wrote: I see millet as being on both the main site’s list of allowed foods, as well as the forum page link you provided.

Millet is a test food item only as some people can handle it but others can’t.

Able

Himawari

Ah, okay, thanks for the info on millet. I think I’m okay with it, but I’ll experiment a bit to make sure.

I have another question: I’m having trouble finding the anti-fungals with the exception of raw garlic. I read on the main website that you can put boiling water over dried oregano and use that as a substitute for oregano oil. So does that mean you’re basically treating the dried oregano like tea leaves? Would just dousing one dish a day with dried oregano do the trick as well?

And another question: Since cutting out brown rice I’ve basically been relying on soba (buckwheat noodles) and millet to fulfill my daily grain/carb requirements. All the other items mentioned (oat bran, rice bran, coconut bread) seem to be types of flour. Assuming I can even locate the stuff, is there any way to consume these that doesn’t involve baking? Ovens are not priorities where I live, and I don’t even know anyone who has one. My kitchen has a stove top burner, a rice cooker, and a microwave. Any ideas on how to utilize this kind of set-up?

Able900
    Spectator

I’ve never experimented with oregano leaves myself, but if you can’t obtain the oil, you really have no choice but to try what you described, which amounts to making oregano tea.

Quote: “Since cutting out brown rice I’ve basically been relying on soba (buckwheat noodles) and millet to fulfill my daily grain/carb requirements. All the other items mentioned (oat bran, rice bran, coconut bread) seem to be types of flour. Assuming I can even locate the stuff, is there any way to consume these that doesn’t involve baking? Ovens are not priorities where I live, and I don’t even know anyone who has one. My kitchen has a stove top burner, a rice cooker, and a microwave. Any ideas on how to utilize this kind of set-up?”

Reply: I’m fairly certain that I’ve read something about baking bread in a microwave, you may want to do a search on this.

Oat bran isn’t ‘exactly’ a flour, although it can be used as such. It can be made into a hot cereal, and I imagine you could use any of these as a soup thickener if you want to. Otherwise, I have no idea how to incorporate them into cooking without baking the products, unless you can bake on top of your stove which certain cookware will allow for. Perhaps some of the ladies or other guys will have a few ideas.

Able

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘On the diet and not feeling well… advice?’ is closed to new replies.