On my 7th week and frustrated

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions On my 7th week and frustrated

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  battlestar 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

battlestar
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I’m just starting my 7th week of the diet and am still on stage 1 because I dont see any improvements in the condition of my skin. I am not consuming any sugary foods or anything that turns into sugar in my body. I am taking Pau d’ Arco, Yeast Fend, a liver detox, and other supplements. I am also under prescribed medication because I have epilepsy so I’m wondering if that medication is causing any interruptions in my recovery. I’m very frustrated because I’m depriving myself of even complex carbs like whole grains and beans and I’m not seeming to get better. I do feel more energy though but that is the only relief I’ve gotten. Is there something I’m doing wrong?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

If you don’t mind, post a list of the foods you are eating for your three meals a day plus snacks as well as anything you are drinking, and I will check the list for possible culprits.

Check your toothpaste for sugar alcohols which feed Candida. Also, most table salts contain Dextrose which is glucose, a sugar capable of feeding the Candida. Pure sea salt is what you want to use, the best available being Himalayan sea salt which is the purest form of salt with many life-sustaining minerals still intact, and does not contain added ingredients. You can usually find this in a health food store.

Yeast Fend won’t do a thing as far as getting rid of the Candida albicans, mainly because of the minimal amounts of each ingredient it contains. In fact, I’d stop taking it today as it contains psyllium seed husk which can be dangerous to the intestinal walls.

What are you using as a liver detox? If it contains psyllium husks, then you should stop taking it. Also, what is the name of your prescription drug?

You will need to purchase a much stronger probiotic than what the Yeast Fend provides. Look for Ultimate Flora Critical Care 50 Billion count probiotic which contains ten strains of beneficial bacteria.

When I receive the answers to the questions, I will write again.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Look at the ingredients of your prescription and determine whether they contain bad ingredients, or ask us to look at them.

Are you drinking coffee or having any dairy?

battlestar

I’m taking keppra. For breakfast I usually eat eggs cooked with collard greens, red onion, and bell peppers. For lunch, I’ll make some type of meat;either chicken or turkey and toss it in a salad. For dinner, I eat some type of meat with veggies which includes asparagus, squash, or sauteed brussel sprouts. I dont really snack but if I do, I eat jicama wih lemon and salt or plantain chips. To drink, I usually have water or some type of tea;ginger lemon or pau d’ arco tea. Thank you so much for the help!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Keppra doesn’t seem to have bad ingredients as far as I can tell (FYI).

Recovering from candida can take as long as 6-18 months for bad cases (FYI) so it may be that you are not recovery as quickly as you hoped. If you consult a naturopathic doctor, they may be able to help you get better within a few weeks instead of months.

battlestar

I went to my regular doctor yesterday and she said that I was making my skin rash worse by using cortisone. But at any rate, I will try to see a naturopathic doctor and see if he can speed up the process. Thanks for all your help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘On my 7th week and frustrated’ is closed to new replies.