Olives!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ldewild 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ldewild
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 32

I’m looking forward to graduating to Stage 2 in my Candida diet in a few days. I saw on this site that “Olives are OK as long as they are not in distilled white vinegar.” Does anybody have any suggestions on which olives I should get? I prefer black olives (in my salad) and don’t want to ruin my progress.

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

ldewild wrote: I’m looking forward to graduating to Stage 2 in my Candida diet in a few days. I saw on this site that “Olives are OK as long as they are not in distilled white vinegar.” Does anybody have any suggestions on which olives I should get? I prefer black olives (in my salad) and don’t want to ruin my progress.

If you can find ones that are packed in Apple Cider Vinegar that would work, packed in water would also work. But if you cannot find ones that are not in white vinegar and you really want them, then just run them under the tap for a while to clean them off, that should do the trick. You obviously have progressed as you are taking about stage two so minuscule amounts of vinegar would not hurt.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Most of the ones I see in jars come in water containing citric or lactic acid. These preservatives aren’t recommended, since I think they can be derived from yeasts, but rinsing under the tap might help. Refrigerated “fresh” ones tend to come in oil, which shouldn’t contain any preservatives. Anything containing lemon probably won’t have citric/lactic acid as a preservative either. Keep in mind that a lot of jarred black olives contain ferrous sulfate, which is basically iron. Excessive iron intake can cause all sorts of problems, but on the other hand it could be of benefit if you have a deficiency.

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Lindsey brand just started carrying green and black olives called “Naturals”.
    Canned only in water. SUPER YUM!!! I found them at Walmart.

mazz
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 30

I bought some olives in olive oil the other day. Presumably these should be okay (I haven’t tried them yet)?

ldewild
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 32

Thanks Faith! I’ll note that brand.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Olives!’ is closed to new replies.