Oliveleaf hurt me bad (bloodpressure) anyone with input???

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Oliveleaf hurt me bad (bloodpressure) anyone with input???

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My recommendation is to stick with the same antifungals you have tried and to be more careful with the doseage next time you take it.

Food grade sources are ones that candida cannot adapt to easily, as well as fatty acids such as SF722.

-raster

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

If I keep my sodium levels up and eat a decent amount of good oils/fats I don’t have any BP issues. I’ll get low BP issues if I eat too many greens or anything that acts like a diuretic. Extreme cold weather seems to lower my BP as well.
    Vitamin D made no difference for me other than upsetting my gut. Usually people that work outside and are more exposed to the sun should have better Vitamin D levels. Don’t know how much I trust blood work for Vit. D levels. Candida can definitely affect nutrient levels. Pathogens might screw with iron levels because they require more iron.

Are you getting enough sodium everyday?

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

jameskep;54013 wrote:
    Candida can definitely affect nutrient levels. Pathogens might screw with iron levels because they require more iron.

Are you getting enough sodium everyday?

Im taking biotin and iron. Have you needed to take supplements too?

I wish fats had an impact on my BP. Salt definitely does, I ate a boatload of salt tonight when I ate 3 servings of pumpkin seeds,lol, and I feel good.

Out of habit I go easy on the salt, but im noticing after foods like celery and zucchini and adding sea salt, I feel better. So I dont know if im getting enough, but I know im more liberal with it now.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Don’t take vitamin supplements.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Researching olive leaf, I couldnt find a single case of adverse reaction.

I called GAIA, and they (being so incredibly awesome) told me that adverse reactions can happen with anything *if* you have leaky gut.

So I suspect this now.

I also found this-
    http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/condition/histoplasmosis

which,besides being beyond helpful, mentions that Olive Leaf also lowers blood sugar.

Directions on bottle say to take on empty stomach…if you are having low blood sugar (which I understand happens if you are suffering with leaky gut or candida in general) and take this, your blood sugar lowers AND so does blood pressure.

I dont want to stop taking Olive Leaf. So Im going to start taking it with food to see if it helps. I just thought it might be important to mention here incase anyone taking it for candida is also taking it on an empty stomach.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Oliveleaf hurt me bad (bloodpressure) anyone with input???’ is closed to new replies.