Olive oil

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

alexparginos
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 43

Can olive oil be used in the diet? i mean if it is not extra virgin olive oil can it be used, i have one from kirkland and it says pure olive oil, but does not seem to say extra virgin olive oil. can i just use pure olive oil or is it a bad idea? thanks guys!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Regular olive oil is fine…please put all of your posts under one thread so that there isn’t like 5 different one line posts asking questions…

-raster

alexparginos
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 43

thanks raster,ill do that.

mazz
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 30

It’s best if you use either virgin or extra virgin olive oil. I’ve just bought a book about fats and oils, and I’ve finally learnt what all these names mean. Extra virgin is the oil extracted from the first pressing. Virgin is the second pressing. All other olive oil is much more refined and processed, and is therefore more likely to contain transfatty acids and other rubbish that you don’t really want to put into your body.

I guess that doesn’t necessarily mean that the oil you have will be detrimental to you on the diet, but you might want to get a different one in the future. Hope that helps!

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

To add to what mazz wrote, also you want cold pressed oil if you can find it. It looses its good properties with heat.

Again, not really detrimental to your treatment, but this diet is about restoring health so you need to try to make healthiest choices you can find and/or afford 🙂

Arijana

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Olive oil’ is closed to new replies.