OK so now what?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions OK so now what?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  89Mirageman 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

89Mirageman
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 55

I call my Doctor to get results from my bloodwork and urine this morning and they assure me that candida is not my problem. Said there was no yeast in my urine. However now my cholesterol is way up from what it was back in June and they want me to start a cholesterol lowering medication asap. I wonder if any of the antifungals or all the eggs caused this?

I’m just so confused. I mean I’m not even sure if they know what they are talking about. I have been complaining about the lower stomach pains and he said it goes along with being a diabetic and many learn to live with it. He’s a diabetic as well and says his gut is constantly causing him issues and he’s a Dr.

I still have the itching after certain foods so now I’m thinking parasites. On a positive note my A1C which is an average blood sugar reading is 6.2, the nurse said they strive for 5.7 but considering I am controlling my blood sugar by diet alone it was excellent. It was 8.2 back in June when I was not eating healthy at all.

I ate a few things that were not allowed over the weekend and immediately I noticed a light earache from both ears, lower back pain and just feeling more tired. From what I understand these could be symptoms of parasites as well but who knows? Is it possible for urine not to show yeast if I just had some sort of infection/burning last week?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

First you can be assured that a large percent of the urine test are not conclusive as far as Candida are concerned, so you can’t trust these.

Are you eating meat on the diet? And how many eggs are you eating in a normal day?

If you want to fight the parasites at the same time as the Candida, the best remedy available for intestinal parasites is a product called diatomaceous earth.

Able

89Mirageman

Able, I was eating meat for the first few weeks until I realized that non organic was not allowed. Again, between jobs at the moment and can’t afford organic meat at this time. I cut it out for a while and noticed no difference. Many family members have told me that I’m too skinny and need to eat. I try to tell them about my symptoms and they are like, well I have that sometimes, its part of getting older or something along those lines. The spit test is really the only thing that made me even think this was my problem and I have since found out that really doesn’t mean anything. A few weeks into the diet I was itching like crazy and figured it was die off but I have experienced that since so I now know it wasn’t. I was also weak but anybody that starts a low carb diet that is used to eating a lot of carbs will experience that.

And then like many others, I bring this up to the Doc and you can tell he’s not even listening. But to be honest I can type my symptoms into Google and get endless possibilities and so called cures so who knows if I do have candida or not.

It is scary and frustrating when you try so hard though and they want to start you on yet another prescription. I don’t want to take it but feel that I should.

But back to your question, when I was not eating meat I was eating maybe 4-6 eggs a day plus the coconut bread. Is it even possible that I don’t have candida and it is just a parasite?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider getting other tests. Dr. Mcoomb’s recommends some in his youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri2oNJ_Ea8I&feature=related

He recommends completing 2-3 tests and combine this with your health history, symptoms, including the use of antibiotics to determine whether you have candida overgrowth. You need to figure out what is in the intestinal tract as well as what is in the stool. Genova diagnostic labs has a candida immune complex test and metametrix labs has a GI stool effects test. No western doctor will say that you have it and look at you like you are crazy. A holistic doctor may determine that you have other ailments and specific organs that are damaged and can address these issues seperately.

http://www.metametrix.com/
    http://www.gdx.net/

I didn’t notice the results I was looking for until months 3-5. I noticed a big change after SF722 undecenoic acid and a better probiotic. The anti-candida diet is very healthy is similar to other anti-cancer and anti-disease diets, so if you don’t have candida, it will still be beneficial for healing the body.

The high cholesterol is concerning and this can be treated with a healthier diet and more exercise. I wouldn’t take the high cholesterol drug personally; it is cheaper to heal yourself on your own. They said I had high blood pressure at one point and wanted me to take blood pressure medication; this is now normal! They just want to make money off the drugs without treating the cause of the problem.

Dr. Mcoomb’s also has talked about the link between candida and diabetes. I recommend checking out his material if you want better information on what is going on with your body.

-Raster

89Mirageman

Thanks Raster! When the lady explained the weird symptoms after a meal it really opened my eyes because I get the weird feeling in my cheek under my eye, almost like it twitches sometimes. Very hard to explain for sure. It doesn’t hurt at all, just feels funny.

I guess its just frustrating when the doctor and your entire family thinks you are crazy for wanting to heal yourself. To me it makes perfect sense but others won’t come out and say it but the little remarks and excuses leads me to believe they think its all in my head or that I should just deal with ailments and not address them.

Am I right in thinking the liver makes cholesterol? I wonder if the die off or the supplements have caused an overload or something on my liver? He wanted me on the cholesterol medication last time but I refused and since then my #’s have raised quite a bit.

raster
    Participant

High cholesterol can be treated with your diet. Here is a list of foods that you can eat to help treat this issue:

http://healthlets.com/15-anti-cholesterol-foods.htm

Yogurt with probiotics is on the list!

Garlic is there also!

Here are some herbs that can treat high cholesterol:
    http://www.all4naturalhealth.com/cholesterol-herbs.html

I used to have the twitchy eye thing too and it went away after doing the diet for a long long time.

If you have trouble with your weight; I have other suggestions for that as well.

-Raster

89Mirageman

Weight is perfect, started around 210 back in June and I weighed like 160 the other day. But the thing is I do not want to get below this, actually I think around 170 looks better on me. I’m 5′ 10″ and big boned lol. The wife says I look too skinny.

raster
    Participant

If you think you look too skinny; I weigh like 130-140 pounds and am 6ft tall!

Great ways to increase weight: eat 3-4 course meals!

My breakfast: oat bran, eggs, yogurt, pumpkin muffin bread, (on weekends I add potatoes not allowed on phase 1).

Dinner: buckwheat, chicken, buckwheat/coconut bread, salad

Add salads or chicken to every meal! Add buckwheat to every meal. Add broccoli or turnips to every meal. The list goes on and on…there is a lot of food you can eat!

-Raster

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

89Mirageman wrote: Thanks Raster! When the lady explained the weird symptoms after a meal it really opened my eyes because I get the weird feeling in my cheek under my eye, almost like it twitches sometimes. Very hard to explain for sure. It doesn’t hurt at all, just feels funny.

I have this weird symptoms too and dont know where they come from, twitching in the eyelid, twitching of a finger (visible), sudden muscle spasms in the bladder which makes me contract with a chock wondering if I just wet my pants. Its terrible and I dont know either what that is, sometimes I wonder if its something else then Candida but then again Candida is producing a lot of weird symptoms.

cheers
    Thomas

89Mirageman

Thomas, Raster said he had someting similar but it went away. Sounds good to me!

Raster, is it possible to heal while eating meat every day? Especially non organic? I mean even if it prolonged my healing at least I could deal and not lose so much weight.

Seems vinegar bothers me, at least it has since the other weekend when I splurged and ate brunswick stew and it hurt my stomach so bad. Would the low carb ranch dressing that I mentioned a while back set me back too much?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

89Mirageman wrote: Would the low carb ranch dressing that I mentioned a while back set me back too much?

The best selling salad dressing in America normally contains three ingredients which make it very friendly to Candida, that’s buttermilk, sour cream, and mayonnaise, all foods that Candida can eat. If you ate this one time, and you’ve not felt any reactions to it, it shouldn’t set you back very much. It’s when you make ‘several’ of these mistakes within a few days of each other that the problems start. If the Candida are allowed to eat and multiply let’s say three times within three days, there are probably going to be consequences to pay.

White distilled vinegar is basically fermented from sugar and alcohol. I don’t need to say more as far as why vinegar bothers you, right?

You asked if you could heal while eating meat every day. There’s no research on eating meat everyday that I’ve ever come across. I thought about this for a while after I read your post, and I’m going to have to say I really don’t know. I imagine that it’s possible, but as you guessed, it would take an exceedingly longer length of time to heal because of all the alcohol; and if you also cheated on the diet, I really don’t know if you would heal would or not. In addition, it’s difficult to say how much damage may happen with the liver with all the extra toxins stemming from the alcohol gas.

To keep from losing more weight, make the bread recipe from oat bran (optional: mixed with coconut flour) and eat all of it you want. Also add avocados to your diet and even coconut if you like it.

Able

raster
    Participant

I use an apple cider vinegar dressing which effected me less than regular white vinegar dressing. Your body should be able to heal despite the vinegar; however if you want to heal faster I would not recommend its use. I decided that going on the diet for 5 months with salad dressing outweighed prolonging my treatment a month or so without it…lol, sorta funny decision I guess.

I like the annie’s raspberry vinegerette dressing; contains 4g of sugar per serving:
    http://www.amazon.com/Annies-Naturals-Raspberry-Vinaigrette-1-Liter/dp/B001ELLBRA

Bragg’s makes a number of dressings with apple cider vinegar also and these have good ingredients. Both of these should be available at your local health food or organic store. If I were to have regular dressing, I go with kraft’s italian dressing because its actually surprisingly doesn’t effect me as much as other commercial dressings. I would avoid ranch dressing tho!

As far as organic meat is concerned; I eat one small cisco piece of chicken at the place I eat lunch a few times(1-2x) per week when I can’t bring in the coconut bread. I get a reaction to it despite being on the diet for 5 months…why? Because it contains antibiotics. I just know thats what I am reacting to! Or it could be the grill juices…

If you were to purchase one organic food item on the diet, I would recommend organic meat personally. It’ll be like 2-3x more expensive. But no antibiotics and no drawback whatsoever. I eat chicken every single day and it does give me a little gas (ammonia production). Would I heal faster mixing it up between chicken and fish every other day? Very likely I think; I just don’t like seafood myself! Something to think about…

p.s.-Chicken sausage is allowed on the diet, and my local store makes the sausage there in the store and I love it! Try some organic chicken sausage if you want something real good!

-Raster

89Mirageman

Sorry guys I should have been more clear, by vinegar I meant organic apple cider vinegar which is what I have here. I actually had just a little on my greens last night and didn’t seem to get a reaction from it so maybe my gut healed a bit after the brunswick stew. Honestly for 3 days after I ate that stuff I was in pain after every meal and even thought about going to the ER one night but I didn’t.

Able, I know what you’re saying about the bread and I’ve been eating it but its really easy to grow tired of eating too much of the same thing, you know? I tried my first avacado the other night and almost gagged so that’s kinda out of the question too.

Raster I know exactly what you mean. I am the same way. If I knew for a fact that I could heal quickly I would stick to the diet 100% for a month or two but thats not going to happen. I have to face reality and realize that it took me a long time to get this way and its going to take a long time to heal. I just don’t think its possible to stick to green veggies, eggs and coconut bread for say a year without going crazy. For this reason I’d rather include some things that even though they prolong healing they make the diet possible for me to adhere to.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘OK so now what?’ is closed to new replies.