OIL PULLING?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions OIL PULLING?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  whyitsme 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

discodiver
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 34

Anyone ever heard of “Oil Pulling?” I have never heard of oil pulling until this past Friday when a person working in a health food store recommended I try it. I purchased some extra virgin coconut oil and walked out the door thinking I had just been fleeced of my $8.

Here is what you do. Fist thing in the morningtTake a teaspoon of this oil and swish it around in your mouth for 15 minutes, spit, then brush your teeth. Cocount is supposed to be a great anti fungal and one of the best items you can use to combat candida.

Anyway…I tried it Saturday morning and I must say that I do feel some difference today. I’m going to keep at this as everything else I’ve tried has not given me the results I hoped for.

Thoughts anyone?

apctech
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

I’ve never heard of oil pulling, but I’ve eaten 2 or 3 tablespoons of coconut oil a day for almost 2 years. When I first started taking it, I experienced really bad die-off symptoms, but after about a month, I started to have more energy than I’ve had in years, I’m not as pale, and my hair is glossier too. Despite the fact that it is expensive, I definitely recommend it. It’s one of the few remedies that worked for me.

whyitsme
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

My friend just mentioned she started doing that. She puts it in her mouth when she gets in shower, swooshes until done then spits out. Says her mouth is feeling really healthy.

I use it alot for cooking since the best natural candida fighter, but still haven’t been able to do the swooshing. t I don’t have any mouth related symptoms liek thrush though, so would be better off just taking it straight. Or if swoosh perhaps then just swallow.

discodiver
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 34

NEVER SWOLLOW the oil after swooshing! The reason is after the oil has been in your mouth it is full of toxins and if you swollow all those toxins go right back into your system. I’ve been oil pulling with virgin coconut oil for 5 days and when I started I had severe sinusitus. I had it so bad that the top row of teeth on both sides of my mouth hurt so bad I could not eat anything except scrambled eggs or something very soft. My gums were so sore it was painful to touch them.

As of today…my gums are not as swollen, my sinuses are not throbbing like they used to, I can breathe a little better at night, I am not able to eat foods that are harder and my allergies seem to be getting better.

The jury is still out on this “oil pulling” thing but I’m willing to try anything.

whyitsme

So I stared oil pulling yesterday using coconut oil. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Only problem was I used too much, so need to cut back qty. With coconut oil since solidified at this time of year due to temperature, it’s a little harder to gauge qty. on spoon. So once been swishing awhile mouth had trouble holding it.

Also after reading about it, it I was amazed to read about it’s healing/detox qualities all over the body. Something everyone should do, with or without candida.
    Simple, cheap with tons of benefits.

Tummy Blues
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 4

So coconut is good at combating candida?? I have dairy sensitivities and have switched to soymilk but it doesn’t always sit well either. I love coconut but it’s just more expensive, but at this point I’d spend more money to rid my stomach problems.

whyitsme

candida is actually the best natural candida fighter, so eat as much as you can of it. unsweetened coconut, coconut oil, there’s coconut water too, but I haven’t gone that far.

I did try the oil pulling with sesame today. I think I’ll stick to mostly coconut, and maybe usensesame a couple times a week. I am afraid that if I use it everyday to oil pull I’ll get sick of it, since can be kind of overwhelming when starting the pull. I just don’t want to get sick of it due to it being so good for candida. Not to mention I love it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘OIL PULLING?’ is closed to new replies.