Oil of Oregano Ideas? (How do I get this foul stuff down?)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Oil of Oregano Ideas? (How do I get this foul stuff down?)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Atela 6 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Monte
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 21

Hi all,

I’m curious how you all are getting your Oil of Oregano down, especially when I’ve seen we are supposed to be upwards of 15-30 drops a day?? I find the stuff pretty much appalling! It’s very, very strong, so one drop alone overwhelms my Nettle tea! And it has a bit of a bite to it. What are your suggestions for how to take it?

Thanks!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Monte;41330 wrote: I’m curious how you all are getting your Oil of Oregano down, especially when I’ve seen we are supposed to be upwards of 15-30 drops a day??

Hello, Monte.

I’m not sure where you got that particular number of drops, but the protocol we use here calls for between 8 and 18 drops a day depending on your size. Most people can reach between 15-18 drops a day eventually, but raise the amount very slowly because it’s capable of causing severe die-off in some cases.

Some people put the drops in water, but even this is difficult to swallow. You should be able to find a pharmacy that will sell you some empty capsules. You can put your drops of oil in the capsules and take them as you would any other supplement. Please be careful because overdosing is possible with oregano oil.

You may want to look over the forum’s Antifungals & Doses post.

Able

Monte
    Participant

More great info as always Able, thanks! The capsules is a GREAT idea and I will be buying some tomorrow. I’ve seen different numbers of drops here and there, but I know whatever it was it was A LOT more than I feel like I could gag down in a day. I’ve been at 1 drop, sometimes 2 in my tea but that’s been my max so I’ll start building up slowly from there now that I know.

Is this one I should be cycling/taking for only a certain period of time then backing off for awhile?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Monte;41337 wrote: Is this one I should be cycling/taking for only a certain period of time then backing off for awhile?

Yes that’s right, you should alternate it every two weeks with others, or just leave it out for two weeks and stay on coconut oil.

many sparrows
    Replies: 42

Oregano oil is very powerful — use it with care. I think I have adversely affected my teeth by taking it(over aperiod of months, daily) in food or drink rather than in capsule form, so I would definitely take it in capsules. Having said that, I think its an awesome anti-fungal, and do not intend to stop using it;just to use it with great respect.

Monte
    Participant

Good to know many sparrows. I bought the capsules like Able mentioned and that has been working great for me. I would have never thought of it. There are some seriously creative people on here and I just can’t keep up or get enough time after work to search and read.

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

Like Able said, capsules are the way to go.

I buy the Oil of Oregano and put the drops in the capsule. that way I can get the dosage that I want. Try to use ones that meet the needs for Candida. No sugars, etc.

Atela
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 32

I bought the oregano oil gel caps. I can still taste the oregano, but it’s not over bearing. perhaps I made the wrong purchase, and should have ordered the Oregano P73 oil to begin with.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Oil of Oregano Ideas? (How do I get this foul stuff down?)’ is closed to new replies.