Oil of oregano

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Oil of oregano

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

lonelygirl
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 14

Hey guys why does the website page about oil of oregano state that the yeast cannot become resistant to it and yet we have to rotate it according to Able’s protocol? I am just looking for an answer not trying to be critical or anything. I’m sure you have answered my question somewhere in the message boards but I wasn’t able to find anything. Also, is there any research anyone has found to back up whether it does in fact become resistant? Thanks in advance. I would be sooo lost without this forum.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Able put in the rotate clause based on research I did, which is mostly information I learned from Dr. Mcoombs, one of industries leading candida experts.

Dr. Mccombs states that you shouldn’t take caprylic acid for more than 6-8 weeks because the candida will adapt to it. This applies to some but not all other antifungals; it is up to you whether to rotate them or not. Certain antifungals are effective longer than 6-8 weeks; each person is different in how they are effected by these. One thing you’ll notice when an antifungal becomes ineffective is that you won’t get anymore die-off from it or you can take a very large dose without feeling much effect.

Dvjorge recently shared some research he did on why you shouldn’t rotate antifungals (a few weeks back or longer) because if candida gains resistance to all of the ones you have tried, then nothing will be that effective. That would majorly suck if candida was resistant to nearly all antifungals. Dvjorge stated that you should stick to 5 or so and just rotate between these throughout your treatment.

Here’s some Dr. Mccombs radio shows if you want to educate yourself a little bit more on candida, antifungals, probiotics, etc.

http://www.candidaplan.com/new/media_center/index.php

His plan is similar to ours except he promotes his own products that he sells, promotes a very different food list which includes fruits, rice, starches, beef and pork. He also feels that stevia is bad because it causes a mucuous response. I think his diet is a good stage 2/3 one to follow but not a good stage 1 plan. We can find you similar or alternative products than the ones he sells for cheaper too if you are interested.

-raster

lonelygirl
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 14

Thanks for the prompt and detailed response Raster! My doctor wants me to try taking oil of oregano for two months straight which is why I was asking. I think I’m gonna go with his suggestion. He also has me taking some powder for leaky gut called GI revive by designs for health along with Floramyces by the same company. I will keep you posted.

Kim321
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

so rotate them biweekly maybe? for example, take caprylic acid for 2 wks, then oil of oregano? back to caprylic etc?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Kim,

You just need to rotate them after 6-8 weeks or so, or once they stop working…

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Oil of oregano’ is closed to new replies.