Oh help!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kirstyk4 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ksaver
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello, I have been gathering information for years and finally have jumped in. I decided I will do whatever it takes to feel better because I have literally felt horrible most of the last 27 years.
    So I start the diet 2 weeks ago. I think it is working because I feel like crap, headaches, body aches etc but I am not doing it right.
    I am lactose intolerant and egg intolerant. I only have access to fresh veggies every 2-3 weeks when I go shopping. So i am consuming beef chicken almonds, legumes and vegetables. I am diet controlled diabetic so eliminating protein is not really an option. Fish is not readily available here either. Organic free reange foods are not available either.
    Can I get through this on this type of diet or will I be in the middle of the fence forever. It seems quite strange since starting this I am not realy hungry and just eat to maintain a decent blood sugar #. So is there any hope of recovery?
    Sorry so long and Thank you in advance.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

It’s best to avoid red meat because of the ammonia produced when digesting it (it’s beneficial for candida). Non-organic poultry has antibiotic residues, which can be a problem, so try to eat chicken no more than necessary. Maybe a poussin (small chicken) would be preferable, since they’re younger.

You need to make sure you soak and roast the almonds to avoid as much mould as possible. Some people seem to be okay with them if they do this.

Some legumes can be starchy and contain sugar, so stick to lentils if you can. They have the highest protein anyway.

Asides from that, try buckwheat and oatbran (two of the recommended grain substitutes), since they’re around 10% protein. I’m sure someone more knowledgeable can add some further advice, but good luck with your diet and take care with your diabetes.

ksaver
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thank you. This Diet is very confusing as different sites and Dr.s say different things. I would rather be a little extreme than suffer on forever.

Javizy

If you haven’t seen it already, you might want to check the protocol members on the forum are using. It differs to the site somewhat. Try to stick to it as strictly as your diabetes and environment allow. If you have any questions, I’m sure someone will be able to answer them for you.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I definitely would consider getting organic chicken; I used to have a horrible reaction to non-organic chicken that has antibiotics in it. I will never go back to non-organic chicken ever again!

I second what javizy is saying; my only recommendation is to add other food items if possible (from allowed foods list).

-Raster

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

Non organic foods have antibiotics in them??

Javizy

Ashlay wrote: Non organic foods have antibiotics in them??

Animals are routinely feed them to stave off the inevitable disease that comes from their unhygienic living conditions and health-destroying diets.

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

Jeez.. Does this happen with free-range?

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Ashlay wrote: Jeez.. Does this happen with free-range?

I’ve noticed that many “free-range” products also say antibiotic free or organic. I wouldn’t trust it completely unless it said antibiotic free/organic.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Oh help!’ is closed to new replies.