OATS test

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nia 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jacquibrown
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 3

Hi I had an Organic Oats Test done and my candida marker(Arabinose) was 45. Is this high, does this indicate I have a really bad candida infection or not to bad! My main symptoms are bloating and feeling full with some cramping when eating certain foods.
    thanks

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

It’s tough to say without taking a stool test too. Do you have any of the typical symptoms of Candida? Did you take lots of antibiotics or eat a high sugar diet for a long period?

jacquibrown
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 3

Hi I have had a high sugar diet and did have kidney stones so needed antibiotics for infections. But I am never sick otherwise, have not had a cold or flu or anything for 4-5 years.
    My only symptoms are the bloating, and digestive related. I did have a fungi infection under my toe nail which has now gone. Just wondering if maybe things were not that bad to start with as I have been on the diet now for close to 3 months.

Nia
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 46

Hi, so I want to ask what exactly has happened that makes you believe its Candida? Many of the symptoms mimic other conditions like thyroid issues, adrenal, vagal, insulin, hormonal imbalance, SIBO, general dysbiosis etc…Have you had any fungal acne, rashes, dandruff, vaginal problems, itchy anus. There are very few things that separate these conditions. Testing, depending on the lab for Great Plains OATS test their range anything above 50 means its there. Stool, blood Igm Igg Ige? Food intolerance test?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘OATS test’ is closed to new replies.