Oats

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  nura 1 year ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Are steel cut oats allowed on the diet? And what’s the difference between steel cut and regular rolled oats? I think I remember reading somewhere that they’re OK, and elsewhere that they should be avoided. So, what do forum members think?

I’ve come across two different kinds of steel cut oats by Bob’s Red Mill; one is organic and the other is gluten-free. Which would be best:

http://www.iherb.com/Bob-s-Red-Mill-Gluten-Free-Steel-Cut-Oats-Whole-Grain-24-oz-680-g/29585?at=0

http://www.iherb.com/Bob-s-Red-Mill-Organic-Whole-Grain-Steel-Cut-Oats-24-oz-680-g/10284?at=0

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

So wait, we can eat whole oats or did I loose something in translation here? I thought only oat bran is allowed?

Can anyone clarify please?

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Oats are not on the allowed foods list and will feed candida. Oat bran is allowed on the diet and is completely different because it doesn’t contain the gluten that the regular oats contain. Oat bran is also a prebiotic.

Bob’s red mill makes a good organic oat bran.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant

Thanks raster for clarification. Although I must say I am a little sad. I got excited about having an oatmeal for breakfast 🙁

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

orka1998 wrote: Thanks raster for clarification. Although I must say I am a little sad. I got excited about having an oatmeal for breakfast 🙁

On the plus side, oat bran cooks up and taste just like oatmeal:)

a little stevia and for me there is no differnce from my old oatmeal and sugar combo.

orka1998
    Participant

Marbro wrote:

a little stevia and for me there is no differnce from my old oatmeal and sugar combo.

You are right, it does taste similar, minus the milk though. I don’t have access to stevia so that one is out as well. Oatmeal cooks much faster and is not that hard on the stomach (oat bran seems to bother me a little, maybe because of the fiber, not sure).

Anthony16
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 4

orka1998 wrote: Thanks raster for clarification. Although I must say I am a little sad. I got excited about having an oatmeal for breakfast 🙁

There are gluten free rolled oats available which im eating.
    Maybe they are ok,im not sure

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

orka1998 wrote:

You are right, it does taste similar, minus the milk though. I don’t have access to stevia so that one is out as well. Oatmeal cooks much faster and is not that hard on the stomach (oat bran seems to bother me a little, maybe because of the fiber, not sure).

Yeah I miss the milk too, my kefir milk just does not cut it but it helps. You have no access to stevia locally or can you not get some shipped to you? maybe we can help. I dont know what I would do without something sweet sigh.

orka1998
    Participant

Marbro wrote:
    Yeah I miss the milk too, my kefir milk just does not cut it but it helps. You have no access to stevia locally or can you not get some shipped to you? maybe we can help. I dont know what I would do without something sweet sigh.

I don’t have much of the sweet tooth. I finally got my hands on molybdenum, next I am going to try to get some good DDS1 strain and then maybe if I still have resources I will get stevia. It’s just not that high on my list of things to get. Breakfast is most difficult for me. I am used to eating whole grain cereal with milk every morning for many years and I cringe at the sight of eggs at 6:30 am. See I could probably swallow a slice of whole grain bread easily but that’s not going to happen until year 2013 hahahaha…

nura
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

About stevia..which one you are using?there is natural one which is green powder and taste horrible..no way I could take it..and there is white one taste just like sugar but that one has addetives in it and proccest so not recommended..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Oats’ is closed to new replies.