oatmeal

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TT 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Topics: 32
    Replies: 55

I know on this website it says not to eat oats of any kind during the first two weeks, but other information says that oatmeal is ok to eat on the candida cleanse. any one have any thoughts?

Meile
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 26

Most oatmeal is cross contaminated with other grains that contain gluten. You can try to find some gluten free oatmeal.
    Some people still react to it.

ktinbk
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I was wondering the same thing, but in the “foods to eat” chart it suggests oat bran or ricebran for breakfast. I’ve been eating oat bran, but I can’t tell if it’s upsetting my symptoms or not.

TT
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 35

I normally have porridge in the mornings thinking I was being good but maybe it isn’t?

On this site it does recommend making an ommlette which I think I will start doing.

joshuaf
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

I’m confused on this subject as well. This diet makes it VERY hard to maintain a high fiber diet. Especially in the morning. I use to keep a high fiber diet in the morning to kick off healthy digestion. I just don’t want to eat Broccoli and advocado for breakfast every morning. I liked my cereals and oatmeal. I’ve tried some organic whole grain oatmeal the last few days and haven’t noticed any circumstances. Should I maintain the path or just stay away from Oats and Oat bran cereal completely?

TT
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 35

joshuaf wrote: I’m confused on this subject as well. This diet makes it VERY hard to maintain a high fiber diet. Especially in the morning. I use to keep a high fiber diet in the morning to kick off healthy digestion. I just don’t want to eat Broccoli and advocado for breakfast every morning. I liked my cereals and oatmeal. I’ve tried some organic whole grain oatmeal the last few days and haven’t noticed any circumstances. Should I maintain the path or just stay away from Oats and Oat bran cereal completely?

Don’t forget this diet/cleansing is only suppose to be between 6-8 weeks. And either before those weeks are up or else if you want to wait until after, you start re-introducing things. Figuring out which things are bad. So it might be annoying but hopefully you will be able to stick to it.

I know I’m going to eventually get annoyed at having the omelette so definitely can’t have it everymorning. Plain yoghurt and slices of cucumber won’t fully cut it either… If I knew it was ok to eat porridge then I could alternate at least between those two things every other day.

My aunt also has Candida and she says that when she was re-introducing certain foods they were fine for the first few days and then turned on her. So maybe just keep going and if you notice things then at least you will have a correct answer that is specific to your body.

Problem with me is I’ve no idea what bits and bobs I should stay away from as I’m brand new to this carry on, so body can’t tell me yet.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘oatmeal’ is closed to new replies.