Oat Bran/Coconut Bread with Kefir

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Bread Recipes Oat Bran/Coconut Bread with Kefir

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  acres 5 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Alic_wantstobefree
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Here is my version of Able’s oat bran bread made with kefir. I just made this recipe and I’m in heaven, I feel guilty eating this bread because it’s so good it must be bad!

I followed Able’s recipe for oat bran/coconut bread but with the following alterations:

Ingredients

6-7 organic eggs (I used 7 small)
    1/3 cup of olive oil
    3/4 cup of kefir – add more if necessary
    1 ½ teaspoon Rumford Aluminum-Free Baking Powder or Bob’s Red Mill Baking Powder
    3/4 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan Sea Salt
    1 cup of organic Oat Bran
    1 cup of organic Coconut Flour (add more or less flour/bran if the mixture is too thin or too thick)

Preheat oven to 350. Whisk or stir all ingredients together or blend in a food processor until lumps are gone and the mixture is uniform. Grease a loaf pan with olive oil and pour batter. Bake for 48 to 52 minutes depending on your individual oven. Average time is 50 minutes.

The bread turned out moist and dense almost like a cake rather than bread and has a little “zing” from the kefir, which was ripened for 48 hours so very “zingy”!

As suggested by Able, try adding a little Stevia and more kefir for a twist on sour cream pound cake?? (never had the pleasure of trying it myself)

I hope you give it a try and enjoy as much as me!

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

i just made this and it’s pretty good! tastes a bit like a bran muffin

toni8
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

Alic this sounds deliscious!!! yummy do you think i can replece coconut flouer with almond flouer? I dont have coconut flouer now…. looking forward to making this soon

Alic_wantstobefree

toni8;31123 wrote:
    Alic this sounds deliscious!!! yummy do you think i can replece coconut flouer with almond flouer? I dont have coconut flouer now…. looking forward to making this soon

Hi,

I guess it depends what stage you’re at, I’m only at stage one so almond flour is a no no for me! Otherwise I don’t see why not 🙂

Ali

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

This was a step up from regular coconut bread. I’m afraid I’m getting a reaction from it to- stomach aches. But it is so good! I added a dropperful of stevia to the mix, next time I’ll use 2 🙂 I also used kefir whey instead

Hallmark
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 6

Thanks for the recipe.

I added the zest from one lemon and the juice of one lemon. The flavor was great; the texture was just a bit dry. Next time I’ll add a bit more coconut oil (I used that instead of olive). It is good in the microwave with some coconut oil spread on it afterwards!

The lemon flavor made it seem like dessert. wow!

Hallmark

Sienna
    Topics: 4

I know you can have oat bran on this diet, but not sure how to get the right oat bran. I am worried when I buy oat bran that it is just ground oats?

How can you tell the difference?

acres
    Replies: 1

Hi you guys. Im new here. I just baked this amazing recipe with a little twist because where I live is hard to find some ingredients:
    I used: oat bran, coconut flour, olive oil, lemon zest, baking powder and almond milk.
    The first time in almost 2 weeks that I can have some bread! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! 😀
    Check out how my fantastic bread looks:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Oat Bran/Coconut Bread with Kefir’ is closed to new replies.