oat bran–strict diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions oat bran–strict diet?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  SugarIsBad 5 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

Is oat bran allowed on the strict diet? I’m trying to get over this UTI and don’t know if I should continue eating oat bran.

Can someone please send it to me?

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Oat bran is not allowed on the strict diet. Sorry I don’t have the link, but raster should help you out.

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

I haven’t ate oat bran, but I thought it was. I thought I remember some people on here saying they ate it for breakfast in the morning.

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

I eat about 2 cups a day, I think once you get to the point where you are over severe die off and are adding in bifido and lactic acid bacteria oat bran can help their growth exponentially. I wouldn’t eat it until you think you have knocked down the candida enough to allow probiotics to flourish

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Tdog333;54136 wrote: I eat about 2 cups a day, I think once you get to the point where you are over severe die off and are adding in bifido and lactic acid bacteria oat bran can help their growth exponentially. I wouldn’t eat it until you think you have knocked down the candida enough to allow probiotics to flourish

Can you give me a good sign that its time for probiotics?

If im still reacting to rutabaga, its too soon.
    Do I have to wait until I can eat a banana without issue?
    Or something similar?

SugarIsBad
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 28

Oat bran is actually on Able’s strict diet (Bob’s Red Mill Organic Oat Bran). Just in case you want to know.

Has “Bob’s Red Mill Organic Oat Bran” set anyone back while on the diet? It’d be great to hear some opinions about it since I’m not sure myself if I should eat it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Oat bran contains gluten and is an iffy item for the diet. I think its very slightly bad like kefir, millet, brown rice, fruit, etc. It does provide prebiotics and is a good general digestive aid, so it should bring more benefit than detriment.

Let me know if you want the recreated strict food list…it is on there.

-raster

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

I have some here at home, just haven’t been brave to try it, but bob does produce gluten free oats.
    http://www.bobsredmill.com/gluten-free-oat-bran.html?&cat=15

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

kjones02;54146 wrote: I have some here at home, just haven’t been brave to try it, but bob does produce gluten free oats.

That is the kind i eat as well, gluten free

SugarIsBad
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 28

kjones02;54146 wrote: I have some here at home, just haven’t been brave to try it, but bob does produce gluten free oats.

It’s not organic, though. Have you tried eating it? It’s been about 2 weeks. I’m just curious to hear what other people can say about this oat bran.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘oat bran–strict diet?’ is closed to new replies.