Oat Bran Recipe Please

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Breakfast Oat Bran Recipe Please

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  fixme 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

elainypeps
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 3

Please can someone help with a recipe for oat bran recipe – muffins? thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My wife made some for me this summer and will post it tonight if I can remember.

-raster

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

Here’s one I found online. I have yet to try it:

2 1/2 C. oat bran (uncooked)
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. sea salt (in my opinion this CANNOT be left out!!)
    1-2 tsps. cinnamon
    2 egg subs. (I use enerG but use what works for you!!)
    3/4 C. water
    1/3-1/2 C. veg. gly. (not sure about this one?)
    2 Tbs. ghee

Preheat oven to 425F. Mix the dry with the dry, the wet with the wet and then mix them together. Let sit for about a minute or two whilst “gheeing” up the muffin pan so that it thickens a little. Ladle into the muffin pan and leave in the oven until the middles have settled–This can take anywhere from 15-45 minutes depending on your oven. Mine’s incredibly slow so it took an age–but it was worth it in the end…Also, this recipe is for those who do food combining–If you don’t need to (you’re incredibly lucky!! HA!) flax meal would be good too!

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I believe enerG has potato starch in it…might not want to use that. A great egg substitute is flax eggs. Fresh ground flax seeds ( you can do this in a coffee grinder) – 1 tbsp, mix in 3 tbsp water and refrigerate for 15 min. Do that for each egg that would be in a recipe and you can mix them together – for example 2 eggs could be substituted by 2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water.

dave
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 34

Just want to say I have used this recipe regularly as a part of my diet plan and it has turned out very well. I add a bit of Stevia t the mix and next time I am going to try subbing coconut milk for the water..thanks!

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

🙂 do you use vegetable glycerin?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Oat Bran Recipe Please’ is closed to new replies.