Oat Bran and Dark Chocolate

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Oat Bran and Dark Chocolate

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  EthanT 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

EthanT
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

Hello,

I’m just wondering what the status is on eating these during the Candida Diet.  I’m guessing Oat Bran is okay as it shows up in this recipe:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/buckwheat-porridge/

But, I sure thought Oat Bran was a grain?  My first guess would have been it’s off limits, so I was surprised to see it here.

The chocolate I’m eating is very dark and an entire bar has only 2 grams of sugar.  This is the bar:

http://shop.mercola.com/product/vegan-dark-chocolate-bars-with-cacao-nibs-1-bar,1571,266,0.htm

I don’t think I’ve seen chocolate addressed in any of the Candida books, but seems like low sugar, dark chocolate would be okay, but high-sugar milk chocolate is a no-go?

I was surprised not to see it mentioned (or maybe I just missed it big time!) as it’s such a popular food.

Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The oat bran is a controversial item because it does contain gluten.  But you can get gluten free oat bran.  Chocolate is a cheat item and is kinda more neutral, likely elevates histamine levels.  It should contain some molds because it is a dried food item.

-raster

EthanT
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

Thanks Raster, sounds like I’m probably okay then.  I did get the Gluten Free Oat Bran and eat is sparingly, maybe 1-2 a week.  I’ve been using the chocolate for just that – a cheat and not very often, it’s a little pricey to eat regularly.  I mainly got it to replace some of the higher sugar snacks I use for hiking/backpacking.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Oat Bran and Dark Chocolate’ is closed to new replies.