Oat Bran

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

On the allowed foods list there was a mention of oat bran but it seemed to relate to a flour. I am wondering whether an oat bran cereal for use as a breakfast cereal would be ok?

Any views anyone?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have a feeling it was left off because it can be problematic depending on your allergies (sorta like flax seed).

Oat bran contains FOS which is really beneficial to heal the gut.

I would recommend eating it only a few times a week because candida can adapt to almost anything. I have been eating it for a few months and have had no allergies to it as of now.

I recommend the bob’s red mill brand of oat bran if you can get it.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

James,

Oat bran wasn’t left off the list and has been there since the beginning. It’s listed under OTHER FOODS (after two weeks of the diet) and is shown as “oat bran flour” because this is the safest and the one which we recommend. If you purchases Bob’s Red Mill Organic brand as Raster suggested, you’ll understand why it’s called “flour.”

Raster, I didn’t leave foods off the list that may cause allergies, as this would be most foods.

Able

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Oat Bran’ is closed to new replies.