Nystatin powder supply issues

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Nystatin powder supply issues

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Danny33 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

Can’t seem to get nystatin powder in the uk according to my local pharmacist. What is the consensus on pills and liquid suspension? I know they have sugar but i remember jorge commenting that it’s essentially poisoned food for the candida.

Also i know the different preparations are good for different things [candida in the bowels or more systemic candida] but can’t remember what is what. I have anal thrush and mouth thrush.

I’ve heard it’s a very safe, gentle and effective drug that the candida struggles to adapt too, unlike its ugly step cousins flucanazole et al which are like nuclear weapons and wreck the liver.

Any thoughts appreciated. How best to use it, best preparation, anything.

Thanks.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Nystatin does kill candida, but like any other medication it does have side effects. These include:

• Diarrhea
    • Abdominal pain
    • Increased heart rate
    • Bronchospasms
    • Facial swelling
    • Muscle aches
    • Hypersensitivity
    • Rash
    • Itching
    • A burning feeling

Refer to this document (PDF).

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

eskimo_pup;56957 wrote: Can’t seem to get nystatin powder in the uk according to my local pharmacist. What is the consensus on pills and liquid suspension? I know they have sugar but i remember jorge commenting that it’s essentially poisoned food for the candida.

Also i know the different preparations are good for different things [candida in the bowels or more systemic candida] but can’t remember what is what. I have anal thrush and mouth thrush.

I’ve heard it’s a very safe, gentle and effective drug that the candida struggles to adapt too, unlike its ugly step cousins flucanazole et al which are like nuclear weapons and wreck the liver.

Any thoughts appreciated. How best to use it, best preparation, anything.

Thanks.

EP,

From everything I’ve read, the powder is superior.
    I’ve had good success with the powder. High amounts with no side effects. I responded great both orally and rectally (retained enema).

I have never tried the suspension or pills but if I were you I would still give it a try.
    The small amount of sugar is likely OK but I cannot prove that.

good luck!

-D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Nystatin powder supply issues’ is closed to new replies.