Nystatin & flucanazole

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Nystatin & flucanazole

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jmb 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Jmb
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 18

How strong are these to in fighting candida compared tomore natural alternatives would they clear the candida/fungus up quicker?Also do they have any effect on good bacteria? Thanks J

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

I took Nystatin for about 2-3 weeks and it didn’t do much. The entire time I was taking it I had a ring worm and I don’t feel the Nystatin did anything to help improve it. Also, I read that Statin drugs (which are cholesterol lowering) actually have bad side effects that we aren’t even aware of.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Ringworm is caused by both candida(yeast) or parasites, so you may have a parasite problem as well angel. Just thought I’d mention it because I have ringworm as well.

-raster

Jmb

Does nystatin or flucanazole kill good bacteria ? Or is it just the fungus

Jmb

s.;31097 wrote: Nystatin and fluconazole just stop the candida from reproducing – it doesn’t technically “kill.” That is why infections come back if you don’t do serious interventions of other means: diet, probiotics, immune system restoration, etc. Both drugs can be a good starting point to help to stop the fungus from reproducing, but that is all that it does. It takes 34? 32? days for a fungus life cycle to naturally come to an end and in that 34 days or so fungus can reproduce ad nauseum – literally millions per second.

So does natural antifungals kill the candida or work the same as those to by stop the candida from reproducing ?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

s.;31120 wrote: This is a great question! I would say that different “natural” antifungals exhibit different methods of inhibiting candida. I do not think that every antifungal acts in the same manner. Some break cell walls, some stop inner mechanisms, etc. One would have to research each natural antifungal you were considering to learn its method of action – if known.

I wanted to respond so as to not leave you hanging, but I honestly don’t have the answers. I did know the information about diflucan and nystatin though. Maybe as a group – members of the forum who have studied certain antifungals can chime in on how each one works if they know.

Several of the natural antifungals do also kill bacteria – so it is good that you are researching this.

Regarding to Nystatin and Diflucan, you have one wrong and one correct. Diflucan is FUNGISTATIC at tolerable doses. All Rx antifungals are fungicidal in the lab. It depends the concentration to kill the fungus. The problem with the AZOLES (Diflucan family) is we can not tolerate the dosage to reach fungicidal effects because its toxic levels.

On the other hand, Nystatin is FUNGICIDAL and fungistatic at recommended doses against candida albicans. Oral Nystatin is a non-systemic drug meaning it doesn’t cross the gut epithelium.

Jorge.

Jmb

dvjorge;31122 wrote:

This is a great question! I would say that different “natural” antifungals exhibit different methods of inhibiting candida. I do not think that every antifungal acts in the same manner. Some break cell walls, some stop inner mechanisms, etc. One would have to research each natural antifungal you were considering to learn its method of action – if known.

I wanted to respond so as to not leave you hanging, but I honestly don’t have the answers. I did know the information about diflucan and nystatin though. Maybe as a group – members of the forum who have studied certain antifungals can chime in on how each one works if they know.

Several of the natural antifungals do also kill bacteria – so it is good that you are researching this.

Regarding to Nystatin and Diflucan, you have one wrong and one correct. Diflucan is FUNGISTATIC at tolerable doses. All Rx antifungals are fungicidal in the lab. It depends the concentration to kill the fungus. The problem with the AZOLES (Diflucan family) is we can not tolerate the dosage to reach fungicidal effects because its toxic levels.

On the other hand, Nystatin is FUNGICIDAL and fungistatic at recommended doses against candida albicans. Oral Nystatin is a non-systemic drug meaning it doesn’t cross the gut epithelium.

Jorge.

Hi jorge so doe that mean nystatin kill aswell as stop the fungus from reproducing ? Also whats your take on diflucan & nystatin on are good flora ? Thanks J

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Yes, Nystatin kills candida. Both are antifungal. They don’t affect the bacterial flora.

Jorge.

Jmb

dvjorge;31128 wrote: Yes, Nystatin kills candida. Both are antifungal. They don’t affect the bacterial flora.

Jorge.

Would u say there better/stronger then the natural antifungals then as like u say also have the benifit of not affecting are flora

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Nystatin & flucanazole’ is closed to new replies.