Nystatin choices

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Nystatin choices

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

I’ve been on Nystatin for over six months. I was taking the tablets – it comes in liquid, tablets or powder. I did not know, but do now, that the tablets contain both sugar and corn starch. So I’m posting this so others can do their own research to decide what’s right for them. I switched to the oral powder from Paddock Labs which may be the only brand that does not contain sugar. I felt much improvement from the tablets and definitely made progress, however, I have seen others come to this board and get cured in the time I’ve been on them. And based on how others have described their symptoms, I have a much less severe case than many. However, I was also on a low dose, but was also taking other antifungals like coconut oil, sometimes SF722, that should have made up for the low dose – so perhaps the tiny bit of sugar was keeping the candida alive. It was the only sugar I was consuming. I’m on a meat, veggies, fat only diet – no grains.

In reading posts from candida pioneer doctors, I’ve seen differing opinions on the tablets/powder. Dr. Orion Truss used them successfully, and if you search his name on here, you can find articles from him about their use. He had patients taking up to 16 tablets per day for a few weeks, and then often dropping down to 8. And it worked to cure them. Dr. Walt Stoll who has (had, he is now deceased, but the archives are there) an online message board, stated that the tablets, unlike the powder, reach the colon. However, he also stated they don’t do anything until they reach the stomach (don’t clear candida from mouth, esophagus). He called them candy coated, and stated “I have yet to see anyone who has resolved C-RS with tablets.”

I took 3 tablets per day, which is = to 1.5m units. Dr. Stoll says 3 million units are what should be most commonly prescribed. That is the dose I am on now with the powder. And will be taking that along with coconut oil for six months.

Regarding the healing of leaky gut, it seems to me like the powder would be a better choice, because diets like Specific Carbohydrate Diet and GAPS, say not to eat any sugar or starch. The 3x daily dose of the tablets may be enough to irritate the gut lining or continue to feed pathogens. The powder is more difficult to find, but I was able to have my CVS Pharmacy order it and they got it within 24 hours. It was the same copay as the tablets.

-MGL

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

mygutleaks;40265 wrote: I’ve been on Nystatin for over six months. I was taking the tablets – it comes in liquid, tablets or powder. I did not know, but do now, that the tablets contain both sugar and corn starch. So I’m posting this so others can do their own research to decide what’s right for them. I switched to the oral powder from Paddock Labs which may be the only brand that does not contain sugar. I felt much improvement from the tablets and definitely made progress, however, I have seen others come to this board and get cured in the time I’ve been on them. And based on how others have described their symptoms, I have a much less severe case than many. However, I was also on a low dose, but was also taking other antifungals like coconut oil, sometimes SF722, that should have made up for the low dose – so perhaps the tiny bit of sugar was keeping the candida alive. It was the only sugar I was consuming. I’m on a meat, veggies, fat only diet – no grains.

In reading posts from candida pioneer doctors, I’ve seen differing opinions on the tablets/powder. Dr. Orion Truss used them successfully, and if you search his name on here, you can find articles from him about their use. He had patients taking up to 16 tablets per day for a few weeks, and then often dropping down to 8. And it worked to cure them. Dr. Walt Stoll who has (had, he is now deceased, but the archives are there) an online message board, stated that the tablets, unlike the powder, reach the colon. However, he also stated they don’t do anything until they reach the stomach (don’t clear candida from mouth, esophagus). He called them candy coated, and stated “I have yet to see anyone who has resolved C-RS with tablets.”

I took 3 tablets per day, which is = to 1.5m units. Dr. Stoll says 3 million units are what should be most commonly prescribed. That is the dose I am on now with the powder. And will be taking that along with coconut oil for six months.

Regarding the healing of leaky gut, it seems to me like the powder would be a better choice, because diets like Specific Carbohydrate Diet and GAPS, say not to eat any sugar or starch. The 3x daily dose of the tablets may be enough to irritate the gut lining or continue to feed pathogens. The powder is more difficult to find, but I was able to have my CVS Pharmacy order it and they got it within 24 hours. It was the same copay as the tablets.

-MGL

Your candida isn’t alive because the Nystatin tablets have a tiny amount of sugar. Nystatin refrigerated powder is the most effective but your dose is low. You should rise it to 3 millions a day, at least.

Jorge.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I’m taking 3 million a day taking tabs. I’m not too worried about the small amount of sugar in nystatin. I hear nothing but good things about nystatin.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Nystatin choices’ is closed to new replies.