Nystatin Capsules or Liquid?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Nystatin Capsules or Liquid?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AnnieLuc 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

AnnieLuc
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 16

Hi all, just wondering which is more effective, the liquid Nystatin from the compounding pharmacy (that contains no sugar) or the Nystatin capsules. I’ve been on the liquid 2 months and I have 2 more months to go but was thinking of switching to the capsules if they are just as effective.
    I am taking it for systemic candida along with oregano oil pills, grapefruit seed extract tablets, probiotics & enzymes. As well as on the extremely strict candida diet.

Thanks!!

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

AnnieLuc;38331 wrote: Hi all, just wondering which is more effective, the liquid Nystatin from the compounding pharmacy (that contains no sugar) or the Nystatin capsules. I’ve been on the liquid 2 months and I have 2 more months to go but was thinking of switching to the capsules if they are just as effective.
    I am taking it for systemic candida along with oregano oil pills, grapefruit seed extract tablets, probiotics & enzymes. As well as on the extremely strict candida diet.

Thanks!!

I have never seen Nystatin capsules.

Jorge.

AnnieLuc

They make them at a compounding pharmacy

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

AnnieLuc;38336 wrote: They make them at a compounding pharmacy

Then, I think they are probably better than the liquid version.

Jorge.

AnnieLuc

Just an update, I called a few compounding pharmacy’s and they all said the same thing, the liquid is the best because it coats all the way down versus the capsule that stays in the stomach. For my situation I think I will stick with the liquid.

Please note that if you are going to do the liquid make sure it Does NOT have sugar in it. Maybe ask to have it sweetened with stevia to help with the taste.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Nystatin Capsules or Liquid?’ is closed to new replies.