Nystatin and other anti-fungals

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Nystatin and other anti-fungals

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bucephalus 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

After what seemed like an eternity, I got a prescription for Nystatin. I’m taking 1,000,000 daily in a non-lactose formula.

Aside – the issue for those in Ontario, and maybe in Canada, is that the drug is no longer being shipped here. Pharmacists think that the drug is not going to be manufactured anymore. I got mine from an Apothecary or Compounding Pharmacologist, if you will. I was at the point where I was going to go to the US for the drugs, and called a few pharmacies. Target had it, but CVS didn’t.

Okay… my questions are…

1) what feelings, symptoms can I expect from Nystatin? I’ve been on it for a few days and I do not feel the die off that I did sometimes with the other anti-fungals. It did make me foggy at first, sort of tired, but that has passed. My symptoms are… different. I have a tingling on my scalp, but it’s a little different in feeling to when I was on the other anti-fungals.

2) should I continue to take the GSE, and my other two rotating anti-fungals while taking the Nystatin? I am still eating anti-fungals (coconut oil, red onion), but I’m unsure about maintaining the others.

Thanks for any insight.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

BlueSkies wrote: After what seemed like an eternity, I got a prescription for Nystatin. I’m taking 1,000,000 daily in a non-lactose formula.

Aside – the issue for those in Ontario, and maybe in Canada, is that the drug is no longer being shipped here. Pharmacists think that the drug is not going to be manufactured anymore. I got mine from an Apothecary or Compounding Pharmacologist, if you will. I was at the point where I was going to go to the US for the drugs, and called a few pharmacies. Target had it, but CVS didn’t.

Okay… my questions are…

1) what feelings, symptoms can I expect from Nystatin? I’ve been on it for a few days and I do not feel the die off that I did sometimes with the other anti-fungals. It did make me foggy at first, sort of tired, but that has passed. My symptoms are… different. I have a tingling on my scalp, but it’s a little different in feeling to when I was on the other anti-fungals.

2) should I continue to take the GSE, and my other two rotating anti-fungals while taking the Nystatin? I am still eating anti-fungals (coconut oil, red onion), but I’m unsure about maintaining the others.

Thanks for any insight.

That is a very low dose. This syndrome has been treated with dosage as high as 8 000 000 a day.
    Anyway, take Oil of Oregano together with it. Stop the GSE.

Jorge.

BlueSkies
    Participant

Ahh… no wonder it’s not killing them off. I’m on too low a dosage. I’m going to up it and see what happens. I see my GP soon, so she’ll have to up the dosage on prescriptions.

Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else have opinions you want to share???

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

BlueSkies wrote: Ahh… no wonder it’s not killing them off. I’m on too low a dosage. I’m going to up it and see what happens. I see my GP soon, so she’ll have to up the dosage on prescriptions.

Thanks for the reply.

Tell him you want to take 4 000 000 a day.
    Get a blank cd and burn these two PDFs for him. If he really wants to help and learn something probably new to him, he will listen.

Jorge.

http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1980/pdf/1980-v09n04-p287.pdf

http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1978/pdf/1978-v07n01-p017.pdf

BlueSkies
    Participant

Thank you for the articles, dvjorge.

londoner1
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 17

dvjorge wrote:

Ahh… no wonder it’s not killing them off. I’m on too low a dosage. I’m going to up it and see what happens. I see my GP soon, so she’ll have to up the dosage on prescriptions.

Thanks for the reply.

Tell him you want to take 4 000 000 a day.
    Get a blank cd and burn these two PDFs for him. If he really wants to help and learn something probably new to him, he will listen.

Jorge.

http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1980/pdf/1980-v09n04-p287.pdf

http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1978/pdf/1978-v07n01-p017.pdf

really interesting articles. Whats your position on the Candida Vaccine Dvorge to re-awaken the immune system to the presence of Candida. I’m wondering without that if any fix will always be temporary?

Thanks
    Nick

Bucephalus
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 87

Candida vaccine?
    When’s that coming out?
    Yesterday I hope.
    Also, I want to ask Jorge. Since I have started the enemas I have noticed my blurrry vision and irritated eyes in the morning is worse. Did you find your candida symptoms worsen in the early stages of your enema treatment?
    I’m having enema treatment and 4000 000 daily orally too.

I just want to be clear that I have Candida, most people have a white tongue and bad breath right? Did you have that Jorge? Do you have that Londoner1?

David.

Bucephalus
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 87

WHen I say enema, I meant, Nystatin Enemas.

David.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Nystatin and other anti-fungals’ is closed to new replies.