Nursing while on Candida diet? Any advise? Have you tried it?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Nursing while on Candida diet? Any advise? Have you tried it?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jayne 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

nursingmother
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Has anyone nursed while doing the candida diet? Have you done the one week detox before starting the diet?
    Is it safe? Does it still provide a good nutrition to the baby? Does it affect the milk at all?
    I have tried diflucan and gentian violet for weeks now and nothing seems to help. Being in excriciating pain in my breast is no longer an option and I believe that whatever is in my body can be passed on to my child so I want to do this diet for my child and myself.
    Any answers… suggestions to the detox week?

jayne
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I think the diet in general is rather healthy even for breastfeeding. You just shouldn’t do the detox. that would destroy your milk supply. Make sure you drink lots of water! Talk to your doc or midwife for additional advice if they agree with adding alternative methods to curing this. My midwife told me to stay away from sugar and carbs when I had thrush, but the ob didn’t think there was a connection. I don’t go to her anymore! Good luck, thrush is worse than labor!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Nursing while on Candida diet? Any advise? Have you tried it?’ is closed to new replies.