Not sure what to do? Advice

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Not sure what to do? Advice

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

happyinlove
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 1

I suspected candida overgrowth. I have had chronic vaginal yeast infections, digestive problems, and terrible brain fog 24/7. It makes me feel like i am drunk. I saw a naturopath who prescribed nystatin and diflucan. I have finished the nystatin, and i am day 5 of the diflucan, and i have seen 0 improvement with my brain fog. I am also still bloated and constipated. I know that some people don’t agree with nystatin and diflucan, but would i not have at least seen a little improvement if it was yeast? Maybe a little relief from the symptoms? my naturopath has given me more supplements, one being a probiotic, and wants to see me again in 2 weeks. I don’t mind paying out the money if i am going to get results, but so far i am almost $1000 down in money with no improvements whatsoever. Also i would like to add that i am on the strict diet, and do not cheat at all on it. Can anyone give advice? Are there other things similar to these symptoms that are not yeast related, or is there other possible contributing factors?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

happyinlove;57401 wrote: I suspected candida overgrowth. I have had chronic vaginal yeast infections, digestive problems, and terrible brain fog 24/7. It makes me feel like i am drunk. I saw a naturopath who prescribed nystatin and diflucan. I have finished the nystatin, and i am day 5 of the diflucan, and i have seen 0 improvement with my brain fog. I am also still bloated and constipated. I know that some people don’t agree with nystatin and diflucan, but would i not have at least seen a little improvement if it was yeast? Maybe a little relief from the symptoms? my naturopath has given me more supplements, one being a probiotic, and wants to see me again in 2 weeks. I don’t mind paying out the money if i am going to get results, but so far i am almost $1000 down in money with no improvements whatsoever. Also i would like to add that i am on the strict diet, and do not cheat at all on it. Can anyone give advice? Are there other things similar to these symptoms that are not yeast related, or is there other possible contributing factors?

Recurrent vaginal candidiasis. Importance of an intestinal reservoir.
    Miles MR, Olsen L, Rogers A.
    Abstract
    To test the hypothesis that all cases of vaginal candidiasis are associated with a “reservoir” of this organism in the bowel, paired specimens of feces and vaginal material were cultured for Candida albicans simultaneously. Ninety-eight young women who complained of recurrent vaginitis were selected in sequence. The results showed that if C albicans was cultured from the vagina, it was always found in the stool. Conversely, if it was not isolated from the stool, it was never found in the vagina. These data are presented as an explanation for the recurrent nature of Candida vaginitis, and thus a cure of vaginitis would not be possible without prior eradication of C albicans from the gut. The gut-reservoir concept may well apply to other forms of candidiasis.
    PMID: 333134 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Not sure what to do? Advice’ is closed to new replies.