Not sure what is going on – Vaginal Thrush

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Not sure what is going on – Vaginal Thrush

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bex29 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Bex29
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hi all,
    i am a bit confused at the moment and not sure what is going on with me?!

I have only ever suffered Vaginal Thrush once before in my life (few years ago and it went away in 1-2 days with just cream). Recently (November Time) I got Vaginal Thrush. it was not so severe i would notice it every minute but i had discharge and itching. i treated this with Cream and a Tablet. It seemed to Clear. it then came back, i treated it with a pessary, it then came back again and i was given a course of Fluconazole for a week. it seemed to work but the day after my last tablet it flared again.
    I now think i still have it, not to a severe degree but i believe it is still there.
    I have stopped eating sugars (well the only thing i could be having is milk, tea/coffee, Quinoa and almonds and occasionally some bacon i dont know about fruit).
    I have a sore tongue and furry mouth – which i think may be oral thrush.
    i am seeing my doctor this week again to discuss as she believed the week course of Fluconazole would knock it on the head, Which i dont think it has done.
    I am confused reading everything as ive never suffered this before. i have never been prone to thrush and i dont eat terribly.
    i dont know if i have candida? the tongue issue makes me think i have? but im not sure.
    i have not done the cleanse step of the diet as i didnt know 1. if i needed to as my symptoms i didnt think were too severe and 2. because i have a job where i cant really be ill.
    if anyone could help? do you think i have Candida? i am taking acidophilus every day to help treat.
    i was on 2 courses of Antibiotics recently but the thrush started before i started the AntiBiotics.
    thanks – sorry if its a bit rambled! trying to remember everything!
    Bx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Bex, welcome to the forum. I’ve answered your concerns below.

I treated this with Cream and a Tablet. It seemed to Clear. it then came back

I treated it with a pessary, it then came back again

I was given a course of Fluconazole for a week. it seemed to work but the day after my last tablet it flared again.

It appeared that you were able to cure the infection three different times with treatment, but each time you stopped the treatments the infection returned: This is a sign of Candida. This happens because you and your doctor were only treating the symptoms and not the cause. It’ll probably continue to return as long as you’re simply treating the symptoms.

I have stopped eating sugars (well the only thing i could be having is milk, tea/coffee, Quinoa and almonds and occasionally some bacon i dont know about fruit).

I’m afraid you’re going to have to clarify the statement above. Are you saying that you are having the items you named or that you are not having them? Please tell us what your diet consists of on a normal day at each meal and snack. Be sure to include every type of food, and this includes drinks.

I have a sore tongue and furry mouth – which i think may be oral thrush.

If you’ve had a yeast infection that won’t remain clear after treatment, and then you contract thrush of the mouth on top of the yeast infection, it’s a pretty safe bet that the yeast has turned fungal, which is called Candida albicans.

i have not done the cleanse step of the diet as i didnt know 1. if i needed to as my symptoms i didnt think were too severe and 2. because i have a job where i cant really be ill.

You don’t necessarily have to do a cleanse if it hampers your performance or is too difficult because of a job. But you will need to go on the diet if you intend to cure the infestation to the point and not just treat the symptoms.

if anyone could help? do you think i have Candida?

Yes, I think it would be safe to say you probably do, and although it’s still fairly mild, it can turn into a major infestation if not treated. Yeast infections may go away with simple antifungals, but a Candida infestation will not, in fact, it’ll just continue to grow during the periods that you’re not on antifungals.

i am taking acidophilus every day to help treat.

What’s the brand name of your probiotic? A strain of acidophilus can’t cure a Candida yeast infection, it’ll take something much stronger.

I’ll wait for your answers to the questions I asked. Meanwhile, you can also read the following two posts.

The Program that the forum follows;
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

The Diet
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

Able

Lorelei
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

Sorry to hear about your troubles Bex –

I’ll just give you an insight on my experience with Diflucan –

In the summer of 2010 I was on diflucan for 14 days – 1 a day. Then for 12 weeks – 1 a week. My yeast infection was clear for a couple of months but then it came back.

I have been on diflucan again since November. first 1x week for 4 weeks, then 1 x every two weeks and now I am supposed to be on maintenance once a month. Since starting this second treatment, I’ve had 4 yeast infections. The last three days I again took 1 diflucan a day and it still is not clearing up.

The medicine can knock it back a bit but it doesn’t knock it out, like Able said. I am now on the diet since 3 weeks. Doing great for 2 weeks and then a small setback with another yeast infection, but I am continuing the diet because I need to get rid of this. Medicine alone is not helping, I know that from experience.

So I would say look at the protocols and give it a shot. The diet is really not that hard to maintain. The hardest thing I think is figuring out the right antifungals and supplements, and the regulars on the forum can help you with that.

There is a post on treating yeast infections. I’ll bump it to the top for you.

Good Luck

Bex29

Hi both,

in regards to food im still eating:
    Quinoa
    Tea/Coffee – not a lot but 2 cups a day
    Milk
    Blueberries
    Almonds and nuts
    Peppers etc in my salad

ive stopped alcohol now (was going to for a few weeks) as i did have the odd glass here and there.

what confuses me as this is all very new to me, ive never really suffered from Thrush before. i get confused when talking of Candida and Thrush. are they the same thing or is Candida when the thrush takes over within the whole body?
    i am unsure what i am as i have not had this long (since November) and its not like ive had it on and off for years?

i have taken a few doses of AntiB’s this year as ive had an operation. but then the thrush was there before i took the latest load. the time before that was April… and i thought if they would have affected me they would have before now.

i havent been taking Antifungals – should i start taking them?
    in regards to the Acidophilus i take a forte which gives me ove 30 billion bacteria a tablet. they are refrigerated and the strongest ones the health food shop did.

It may sounds strange me asking but do i need to do the hardcore diet as i havent suffered this long? some say you do the diet for the amount of years you have suffered? i was not sure if this was the case.

thanks so much,

Bex

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Bex29 wrote: in regards to food im still eating:
    Quinoa
    Tea/Coffee – not a lot but 2 cups a day
    Milk
    Blueberries
    Almonds and nuts
    Peppers etc in my salad

The only thing on the list that should be included in your diet are the peppers.

ive stopped alcohol now (was going to for a few weeks) as i did have the odd glass here and there.

If you go back to having an occasional alcoholic drink, you’ll never cure the infestation.

what confuses me as this is all very new to me, ive never really suffered from Thrush before.

When thrush is added to your yeast infections this is a clue that the infection has turned fungal, meaning it’s now a Candida infestation.

i get confused when talking of Candida and Thrush. are they the same thing or is Candida when the thrush takes over within the whole body?

Thrush is a symptom of a Candida infestation in the body. If vaginal yeast infections continue to return after being treated, and then you contract oral thrush, you can bet you have a Candida infestation.

i am unsure what i am as i have not had this long (since November) and its not like ive had it on and off for years?

It doesn’t matter how long you’ve had it, there’s a starting point for Candida, but it’s still called a Candida infestation.

i have taken a few doses of AntiB’s this year as ive had an operation. but then the thrush was there before i took the latest load. the time before that was April… and i thought if they would have affected me they would have before now.

Not necessarily, the antibiotics helped the yeast overgrowth along, but they needed an environment in which they could thrive and multiply, your diet eventually supplied that.

i havent been taking Antifungals – should i start taking them?

Everything you treated the yeast infection with was a form of antifungal. You really need to read the protocol to answer most of your questions and to get the instructions correct in your mind so that you’ll know what to do and when to do it in order to cure the Candida. That’s what the protocol is for.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

in regards to the Acidophilus i take a forte which gives me over 30 billion bacteria a tablet. they are refrigerated and the strongest ones the health food shop did.

I still need the brand name in order to see what it contains.

Some say you do the diet for the amount of years you have suffered?

To say this is a ridiculous statement. Some people have suffered with Candida for 15 and even 20 years, but it wouldn’t take that many years to cure it if they have the correct protocol.

Able

Bex29

Hi

the Acidophilus tablets are Biocare ones.

I have not had it confirmed i have oral thrush but i am seeing my doctor tomorrow in regards to all this.

I looks like i haven’t responded to the treatment – my doctor thinks i never actually got rid of the Vaginal Thrush each time and that the tablets etc i took were not strong enough.
    therefore it to me looks like ive had it since November.

i think its probs worth me trying this diet especially as the Fluconazole Tablets did not work.

i cannot have any coffee/Tea?

i have read the protocols and its a lot of information. But i guess limit my diet and then once the symptons have gone then i can re-introduce things slowly?

the tough one i am thinking is how do you tell when the symptoms have actually gone? as mine are not overwhelming its quite tough?

thanks

Bex29

also yoghurt… ive always been told to eat yoghurt… is this allowed? obviously natural one or greek but not with loads of fruits and stuff in it?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Not sure what is going on – Vaginal Thrush’ is closed to new replies.