Not sure and scared…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Not sure and scared…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Indrid 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jeandreone
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello there!

My story in short… I didn’t know something such as candida existed until (roughly) September last year when I had oral, then genital thrush. I’m assuming this is after a knee op in 2014, a long dose of antibiotics in 2015 and steroids for an ear issue a month or two ago.

I was diagnosed with oral thrush at the start of March, given Tystatin and sent home. I followed the instructions but did not cut out the necessary foods. As one can expect, it did not clear and two months later I am still on the meds and the tongue symptoms are worse. This lead me to read up and find this website and the diet which means that now I have loads of questions (and from all the reading I am also now scared as to what the possible root cause could be).

An appointment with a gastroenterologist has been made with blood tests and an endoscopy on the horizon as I get acid reflux daily, but in the meantime I have started with Phase one – detox.
    Question: Should I drink the detoxifying drink if I have acid reflux? Wouldn’t the vinegar and lemon worsen this?
    Question: I live in a country where one can not find supplements easy nor is organic foods at hand. I have ordered Candidate but it could take a few weeks to deliver. Would it be ok to drink this even after the detox phase?
    Question: Has other peeps had ongoing candida or oral thrush for this long?
    Question: Snacks – other than peppers sliced, I am a bit stuck for ideas.

And finally, I feel quite low and depressed because of this – is this a normal feeling?

Any stories to share or similar experiences would be great. I really want to kick this sucker’s butt and am really determined. Just a bit worried about the fact that the Doc said it is in the back of my throat and thus worried hence the endoscopy.

Thanks.

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Replies: 148

I don’t have answers for any of your questions except the one regarding depression. I think that depression and anxiety are common among those suffering from fungal overgrowth.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am not sure I would do the detox unless you have a concise plan on how to get better afterwards. It typically takes professional level help to get over this because your immune system is damaged so the detox could make your symptoms worse, etc. If you can’t access organic antibiotic free meat for the diet, its going to be very difficult to get better.

As far as snacks are concerned, you’re going to need to change everything around and bake snacks and find recipes to eat for the diet. You are going to need to eat 3-4 course meals plus snacks in between meals to get better. This is something I would figure out before doing anything because it sounds like where you live, you have limitations as far as what they carry at the marketplace.

-raster

Jeandreone
    Participant
    Replies: 1

Isn’t the Ultimate Candida Diet with its phases a secure plan or structure to get better?

Thanks

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Replies: 148

I don’t know.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I haven’t thoroughly checked out the ultimate candida diet but from my experience, this is nothing simple or easy to recover from and there is a lot of incorrect information on the internet. The one thing they do have down is the diet. They do cover some topics that professionals implement but I feel that this isn’t something you should treat yourself with. In other words, you have a serious health problem and it requires diagnosis and specialized treatment.

-raster

Indrid
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Your “low and depressed” feelings are normal. Mine got so bad, I’ve tried to kill myself a few times. My attempts were done in isolated places so nobody knows about them.

Candida directly causes emotional anguish and also circumstantial anguish by robbing us of the things that make life worth living or even tolerable.

I wish I had some useful advice for you, but I don’t. 2016 was to be my “Get better or die” year. If my symptoms don’t improve by New Year’s Eve, I will die either of starvation or from exposure to the elements. Four months have passed, and things are worse than ever.

Even if did get my health back, it would be too late to make anything of myself. I’d be like a middle-aged man released from a long prison-stretch.

“All fled, all done, so lift me on the pyre;
    The feast is over and the lamps expire.”
    — Robert E. Howard

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Not sure and scared…’ is closed to new replies.