Not supposed to drink water when eating?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Not supposed to drink water when eating?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Chris24 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

I am just wondering why I read something on this forum that said it is not good to drink water while eating. Something to do with digestion? Just wondering. I just tried the swedish bitters today and had to follow it up with a glass of water because it tasted SOOOO bad to me. I’ll keep taking it if it will work though. Is it okay to drink water with it?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Naturegirl27 wrote: I am just wondering why I read something on this forum that said it is not good to drink water while eating. Something to do with digestion? Just wondering.

I just tried the swedish bitters today and had to follow it up with a glass of water because it tasted SOOOO bad to me. I’ll keep taking it if it will work though. Is it okay to drink water with it?

The bitters have their own post, which oddly enough is called the Importance of Swedish Digestive Bitters which you should probably read since you’re taking them and if you’ve not already read it.

At the bottom of the page you’ll see this paragraph.

NOTE: Swedish digestive bitters absolutely must be accompanied by the intake of a sufficient amount of water immediately following and throughout the day if they are to serve their purpose which is the primary method of cleansing your intestines and performing liver lushes and sufficient bile flow throughout your treatment.

The information below was taken from a recent post about drinking water with meals.
    “When it comes to drinking water before, during or after meals, as long as our body has the ability to produce the at least part of the stomach acid that’s needed, the water shouldn’t present a problem. The problem comes in situations where the stomach acid isn’t produced in sufficient amounts, this is unfortunately the case with a few Candida infestations.

If the stomach is capable of producing stomach acid, then it will simply secrete more acids to compensate for any the dilution that the water may cause.

Toss a dry tea bag into an empty cup and what happens? Nothing; because the components that create the specific taste are still bound in the tiny pieces of tea leaves. But add some water to the cup and the compounds, including the essence of the herb, will start to be extracted by the water. Slowly more components are extracted until the water is saturated and these soluble components of the tea are now part of the water itself. So with this picture you can imagine how water also extracts the vitamins and minerals from the food we eat for digestion, in addition, it also makes it possible for them to be absorbed into our bloodstream.

I suppose the bottom line is, if you’re going to take the digestive bitters, then you also need to drink water afterwards because part of their benefit is to flush out the liver meaning they release built-up Candida toxins in the liver. You don’t want to wash the toxins out of your body, so you need the water to do that.”

Hope this helps.
    Able

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

Thank you so much. That answered my question. 🙂

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

If you take bitters right before the meal, then the meal gets rid of the taste and you don’t need water to chase it. For me also seemed logical to take it before the meal to get the process started before you throw the food into your stomach.

I think I have a problem with acid production (either high or low, same symptoms either way), so I try not to drink too much water immediately before or after the meal. I do drink a lot of water during the day, just not too close to my meals. I started noticing that I need way too much food to be able to function. After reading Able’s explanation I figured that I was diluting all that I ate with too much water that I was guzzling down afraid of die-off.

I feel that I get more out of my food now, but then again I started taking bitters so I’m not really sure what exactly helped 🙂

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

orka1998 wrote: If you take bitters right before the meal, then the meal gets rid of the taste and you don’t need water to chase it. For me also seemed logical to take it before the meal to get the process started before you throw the food into your stomach.

I think I have a problem with acid production (either high or low, same symptoms either way), so I try not to drink too much water immediately before or after the meal. I do drink a lot of water during the day, just not too close to my meals. I started noticing that I need way too much food to be able to function. After reading Able’s explanation I figured that I was diluting all that I ate with too much water that I was guzzling down afraid of die-off.

I feel that I get more out of my food now, but then again I started taking bitters so I’m not really sure what exactly helped 🙂

I hope your right about the water just diluting. I am taking bitters and if I can take it before the meal and get the same benefits that would come from after with lots of water would be great. I noticed when I drink too much water before, during, or before 1 hour and 15 minutes after a meal; it screws up my digestion by making my BM all broken up and no so solid if I remove the water from a meal its normal. So I guess I must have some kind of HCL problem.

Blake

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

If you ar going to drink water with food, I believe its better to drink warm water, because it is closer to your body temperature. Cold water depletes digestive fire, according to ayurveda. Try it, you will notice the difference.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Not supposed to drink water when eating?’ is closed to new replies.