Normal Kefir Reaction?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Normal Kefir Reaction?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Positivo 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

fscott
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 17

I’ve taken Kefir for a few days now and it gave me diarrhea at first but now I think the reactions are lessening. Is it normal to have to build up a tolerance for kefir or does getting a reaction (diarrhea, gurgling stomach) indicate you should cease it immediately?

I’ve made a lot of progress and I don’t want to have to backtrack.

Also, how much do you guys allow your kefir to separate into curds and whey before you take the grains out? Does the amount of separation indicate how much lactose has been eaten?

fscott
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 17

Also I should note that I started with 1/2 cup rather than the recommended 1/4 cup (because I’m stupid and it was delicious)

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Same thing happened to me now I drink as much as I want without a problem. Try smaller amounts and on empty stomach and see how u feel.

Latka
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 128

Positivo: how long did it take you until you could have kefir without any problems? I had a very strong reaction and have been avoiding kefir ever since. Not too eager to try again, to be honest. Shame because I quite liked it. Just wondering what would be the best way to introduce it again : wait until I’m better for a while and then try a small amount? To build up tolerance is it best to have a little every day or have a few days in between?

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

I just kept drinking it and dealt with the reactions but I knew I wasn’t allergic to it because I would feel great if I had it on an empty stomach. Try it first thing in morning or before bed hrs after dinner and see how you feel. That’s what worked for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Normal Kefir Reaction?’ is closed to new replies.