Non-Sugar Yogurt/Probiotic?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Non-Sugar Yogurt/Probiotic?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

I am on a candida diet
    i.e. raw vegetables, and chicken.
    as far as antifungals I am eating raw garlic…
    I was eating plain yougurt all these days, considering it as a pro-biotic, but i recently noticed it has a lot of SUGAR, so stopped eating.
    I looked at all the available Yogurts in market, even Organic Greek Yogurt has more sugar than the one I was eating.

So, Can some one help me finding a SUGAR FREE PROBIOTIC

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

All yogurt’s contain sugar. Despite this, if you eat it, you should still be able to get better while on the diet.

Greek yogurt contains less sugar than most other yogurts; approximately 7-11g per serving. Regular yogurt is something like 17-24g of sugar per serving.

I came up with the 25g of sugar per day general rule; if you keep it under 25g per day you should be able to get better while on the diet.

Sugar exists in almost all vegetables. There is approximately 3g of sugar per head of lettuce and 4g of suger in a red onion. Check out this website:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/

On the protocol we don’t recommend eating yogurt until a few weeks into the diet. If you take too many probiotics and antifungals together at the same time it’ll cause too much die-off.

-raster

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

This brand has only 5 grams of sugar.
    http://www.greekgodsyogurt.com/html/yplain.php

If you make your own kefir and let it ferment long enough most if not all the sugar will be gone. Moreover home made kefir from grains is cheap, easy and superior to any yogurt or any other food based probiotic that I know of.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

I have written to Yogurt makers in the past regarding to the amount of sugar present in plain yogurt. The answer I got was they are obligated by the law to label the amount of sugar present in the raw milk (lactose) when they make yogurt. It doesn’t mean the final product has this amount of sugar present since the bacterial cultures may consume most of the lactose present making the numbers close to 0 or almost a lactose free product. The label indicates the amount of sugar present in the original material (milk)
    I sent email to Cabot and another maker that never answered.
    Jorge.

raster
    Participant

Thats interesting jorge, thanks for sharing the info.

-raster

nikki

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brand-Dannon-Plain-All-Natural-Yogurt-32-oz/10291171

I was eating this yogurt all these days, I used to eat this every day even before I was on this Candida Diet.

Brand Dannon: Plain All Natural Yogurt

Sugars: 12 G per serving.

Right now, I just started taking antifungals this week, and stopped eating the yogurt after noticing the sugar content.

When would you people recommend me to get back with the yogurt, which brand, and how many times/day, and quantity/day?

raster
    Participant

Another thing to consider is organic vs. non-organic yogurts. Non-organic yogurts likeely contain antibiotics which are detrimental to your treatment in general (we suggest the opposite which is probiotics).

They keep the cows in such poor conditions at the farms that they have to constantly feed them antibiotics so that they don’t get sick or ill. This in turn shows up in your milk or meat products.

However, I have found that it is difficult to find organic greek yogurt at my local stores unfortunately and even trader joe’s doesn’t have organic greek yogurt.

As far as brands, I’d get whatever organic one you can find if possible; it all depends what is available at your local stores.

I’d eat about 1 serving per day at first and eat more gradually over time if you want. I just eat a larger serving as I get better personally.

-raster

nikki

at my local store, I have organic plain greek yogurt in stock.

Brand: Oikos Organic Plain Greek Yogurt
    Sugars: 9G per serving

Should I start taking it now itself (I just started taking antifungals 5 days ago), or should I wait for few days and start taking this Yogurt.

Right now I completely stopped Yogurt. I was eating 2+ servings of non-organic yogurt all these days (since years).

raster
    Participant

I’d wait a few more weeks before eating yogurt per the protocol.

-raster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Non-Sugar Yogurt/Probiotic?’ is closed to new replies.