non organic eggs

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions non organic eggs

This topic contains 22 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Lauren 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

alexparginos
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 43

are these ok to eat? or not? if money is a problem?

Jiffer
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

I’m a huge organic egg fanatic. As for how much organic versus non-organic will affect your recovery from candida, I can’t really answer that. I only know that organic eggs are one of the top organic foods Dr. Mercola recommends if you have to pick and choose what organics to buy. Meats is another. I think produce actually come last if you have to pick and choose and there’s also a list of which produce is more important to buy organic than others. For instance, produce with thick skin like bananas and avocados are “ok” to buy non-organic since you don’t eat the skin, unlike an apple or grape. (Although I’m guessing you’re not having fruit in your candida diet.) Non-organic avocados are still grown in bad soil and are not as good for you as organic, but if you have to pick and choose, those are an item you could skimp on. You should be able to find a list by doing a google search of what produce to buy organic. I’ve seen similar lists in more than one place.

As for cost of organic eggs, I live in Southern California and have found that Target and Trader Joe’s have the best price on them. A big difference compared to regular supermarkets. Target doesn’t always seem to have them in stock, so it’s iffy if they’ll have them (at least the two I shop at). If you live near a Trader Joe’s, I highly recommend you shop there. They have the lowest prices of quality food. I rarely buy food at Target, other than eggs and the only peanut butter my husband will happily eat, Laura Scudders, which they make in organic. I’d buy more if they had more organic and less processed foods.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

alexparginos wrote: are these ok to eat? or not? if money is a problem?

Non-organic eggs contain probiotics as well as hormones from the chickens from which the eggs came. These toxins will considerable extend the length of the treatment period, and you may even experience Candida symptoms flare-ups because of the antiobiotics.

Most Walmart stores offer organic eggs for around $3.50-$4.00 in many areas. Farmers markets often have them for 3-bucks a carton. A medium egg contains from 6 to 9 grams of protein. At $4.00 a carton, youโ€™re paying around 33-cents per egg. No where else will you find a healthy product containing 6 to 9 grams of protein for 33-cents; so eggs are relatively cheap when you look at the cost per egg and what you receive for that price. A boiled egg is the perfect snack on a Candida diet; I canโ€™t imagine the snack youโ€™d find in your local convenience store for this price.

Able

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Not sure how it is in New York, but in Southern California all eggs are white. You can’t find white organic eggs. This tells you that they add something to chicken’s food to make eggs white. So on top of what Able mentioned, antibiotics and hormones, you are ingesting who knows what else in terms of toxins. And did you look at the color of yolks? They are so pale that it seems that you might as well skip that instead of having it as it is questionable what you are eating in the first place.

I must agree with Jiffer as well. Dump something else but start organic from eggs and meat.

I can’t get organic where I am right now. It just doesn’t exist. But I buy my eggs from small farmers where those are not as poisoned, chickens that lay them see the light and sunshine and are fed better food. Egg yolks are nice and dark orange ๐Ÿ™‚ I do what I can. While I was in South CA I was eating organic eggs exclusively. I was also eating less but organic. I would rather eat one organic apple than 2 pounds of poisoned ones. Save your money somewhere else, not on the cost to your health. If your health goes, money is worthless.

Just my opinion, but the decision is yours.

And there is a saying in Bosnia: “Sick person has only one wish, but healthy has 101.”

Arijana

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

Chickens were bred to produce white eggs over generations. So The breed of the chicken can determine the color of the egg. Some chickens Lay green eggs it doesn’t mean that they are bad. major egg producers Bleach their eggs as well. The important thing is that the eggs are free range and are not fed antibiotics and steroids. This will be printed on the carton. Free range alone is not good enough.

Also I don’t know if it’s a misprint but you infact can get organic eggs all over southern California.

orka1998
    Participant

Marbro wrote: Chickens were bred to produce white eggs over generations. So The breed of the chicken can determine the color of the egg. Some chickens Lay green eggs it doesn’t mean that they are bad. major egg producers Bleach their eggs as well. The important thing is that the eggs are free range and are not fed antibiotics and steroids. This will be printed on the carton. Free range alone is not good enough.

Also I don’t know if it’s a misprint but you infact can get organic eggs all over southern California.

Sorry Marbro, I didn’t write it well (English is my second language). You can get organic eggs on every corner of Southern California but none of them are white. I know because I tried finding white ones for Easter (the dye doesn’t look as nice on brown ones) few years in a row and never succeeded.

I also thought that it’s the breed of the chicken, but I was laughed at few times for such statement. You did get me curious now so I think I’m going to google it now.

Arijana

TomC
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 17

Hmmm. A little confused.

Brown organic eggs are okay or not okay? I live in Southern California too, and I been getting the brown organic eggs.

orka1998
    Participant

Well, you are right Marbro and I was wrong. Boy I am mad as hell for feeling stupid thinking white chickens lay white eggs and brown lay brown and was convinced by few people that they put something in chickens food to make eggs white. I never thought it was important enough to research as I was buying organic and was not looking at the color (besides Easter attempt), but I do know I NEVER EVER found white organic eggs. Also, in my country there are no white eggs unless they are from duck or geese. This all confused me totally.

I guess organic farmers preferred brown laying breed of chicken, plus the way I read it, the higher price of brown eggs is a scam:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2103/whats-the-difference-between-white-eggs-and-brown-eggs

http://www.mrbreakfast.com/ask.asp?askid=23

http://ask.yahoo.com/20000523.html

Sorry guys for misleading info. I will go stick my foot into my mouth now (is this how you say it? I forgot).

Bottom line is, regardless of color, go organic ๐Ÿ™‚

Arijana

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Arijana, you make me laugh!!

No that isn’t how you say it (but I like it!)! The saying is usually not used when you say something incorrect, but when you say something you shouldn’t say – like mentioning a surprise party by accident when you shouldn’t have said anything… you would say: “Sorry, I shouldn’t have said that, I seem to have put my foot in my mouth”. Or you could “put your foot in it” if you were a bit rude to someone and they took offence.

orka1998
    Participant

Lucylu wrote: Arijana, you make me laugh!!

No that isn’t how you say it (but I like it!)! The saying is usually not used when you say something incorrect, but when you say something you shouldn’t say – like mentioning a surprise party by accident when you shouldn’t have said anything… you would say: “Sorry, I shouldn’t have said that, I seem to have put my foot in my mouth”. Or you could “put your foot in it” if you were a bit rude to someone and they took offence.

Hahahaha, I had a feeling that I didn’t use the correct phrase but I wrote it anyway. I am away from US for almost three years and even though I try to follow all of the English channels on TV and spend a lot of time online in English, I guess I am loosing the “common chatting” language ๐Ÿ™‚ I do a lot of written word but rarely have a chance to get some quality spoken language.

Glad I made someone here laugh though. Better laughter than blues we are all going through occasionally while on the treatment ๐Ÿ™‚

Stay happy and laughing my dear Lucylu!

Arijana

orka1998
    Participant

TomC wrote: Hmmm. A little confused.

Brown organic eggs are okay or not okay? I live in Southern California too, and I been getting the brown organic eggs.

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the little side discussion here about the egg color ๐Ÿ™‚

Brown organic eggs are OK ๐Ÿ™‚ The key word is “organic” regardless of the color.

Just curious if anyone ever found white organic eggs???

Arijana

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

If you buy a box of organic eggs in Switzerland, it often contains white as well as brown eggs together in the same box. You can play chess with them ๐Ÿ˜‰

Chloรซ

orka1998
    Participant

Chlofloso wrote: If you buy a box of organic eggs in Switzerland, it often contains white as well as brown eggs together in the same box. You can play chess with them ๐Ÿ˜‰

Chloรซ

Thanks Chloe! I was as curious as a kid there, I know it’s silly ๐Ÿ™‚

Arijana

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

Chlofloso wrote: If you buy a box of organic eggs in Switzerland, it often contains white as well as brown eggs together in the same box. You can play chess with them ๐Ÿ˜‰

Chloรซ

How is the taste?

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

orka1998 wrote:

Hmmm. A little confused.

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the little side discussion here about the egg color ๐Ÿ™‚

Brown organic eggs are OK ๐Ÿ™‚ The key word is “organic” regardless of the color.

Just curious if anyone ever found white organic eggs???

Arijana

they sell white organic eggs where I live at the local grocery store. But its only one brand and I dont think they sell well. I will buy them if they are on sale. Most folks identify organic eggs as brown and no doubt most grocery stores stock up on the brown varity for this reason. rather than take heavy losses with the white organics even though they are more than likely easier to produce.

Growing up my grandmother and friends of the family raised chickens and they were always brown eggs. That made me identify “organic” as brown but I eventually learned that breeds determine the color and what the chickens feed on really determines if they are organic. Also most comercial egg producers pump their chickens full of steroids and crap. I can never eat non organic anymore eggs or the meat. this diet has really woken me up to the crap we put in our bodies and horrors that comes with mass producing meat for our consumption.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘non organic eggs’ is closed to new replies.