non-gluten free oatbran

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions non-gluten free oatbran

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

Hi Folks

I have just come to the realisation that I’ve been eating a load of organic non-gluten free oatbran. I suspect that the amount of gluten involved is very low, but should I be worried? I can buy the gluten free stuff its just a little more expensive.

Thanks!

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

If you are very sensitive to wheat, make sure it’s gluten free. I noticed I got gas after eating the regular organic oat bran. So I just stick with the gluten-free.

If you don’t notice any negative side effects then I’m sure its fine to continue eating the organic variety.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I need to make sure mine is gluten free. I’m screwing up thinking things are non gluten. I was eatin kamut puffs that someone on the forum pointed out. I wasn’t reacting to it but I’m sensitive to gluten on my stool test. So thanks for pointing it out about the oatbran. I use bob mills

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

Cheesey;40601 wrote: Hi Folks

I have just come to the realisation that I’ve been eating a load of organic non-gluten free oatbran. I suspect that the amount of gluten involved is very low, but should I be worried? I can buy the gluten free stuff its just a little more expensive.

Thanks!

I have this same question… I have been buying organic. On the strict diet website, it’s not specifically listed as gluten-free and/or organic. I notice no effects, but don’t want to be hindering progress by not buying the “right” kind.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t think there is much gluten in the regular organic or non-organic bob’s red mill products. However, if you wanted, they did produce a gluten free version.

I personally think its a good think to eat a tiny bit of gluten per day because your body can then develop a tolerance to it. My naturopath recommends eating a tiny bit of wheat every (like one cracker) to get over wheat allergies.

-raster

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

Thanks for the info, guys.

Raster, just to clarify, was that meant to say ‘every day’?

Thanks again amigos!

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I have an extremely sensitive gluten intolerance, to the point that I wonder if I have celiac disease…but I also don’t have health insurance, so I haven’t been tested. Eating gluten regularly my whole life didn’t cause me to build a tolerance to it, unfortunately. It did cause me to spend years buying chemical-laden dandruff shampoos, assume that I had terrible skin for 13 years, feel bloated after every meal, and exacerbate my inflammatory issues like carpal tunnel syndrome and plantar fasciitis. Cutting out gluten entirely (including trace amounts) two and a half years ago was the best decision I’d made in my life up to that point for my overall health.

Needless to say, I buy gluten-free oat bran. If you think you have issues with it, I recommend staying away from it completely, at least until you’ve healed your leaky gut.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Yes this is what I meant…

Do you have any documented gluten allergies? Are you allergic to the oat bran? I bet the amount of gluten within the oat bran is like 1% or some really low amount. I have been worried about it as well but my mindset is to not worry about things if possible.

-raster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘non-gluten free oatbran’ is closed to new replies.