No more die-off?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions No more die-off?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  shell1226 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

So I’m currently in week 10 of all of this, and I have been rotating antifungals…capryllic acid 2 weeks, just food antifungals 2 weeks (with spirulina, chamomile tea, that sort of thing all the time).

I’m back around to a capryllic acid week and I’m not really experiencing any die-off anymore. I do, however, have a cold that I can’t seem to shake, which is rare for me, but otherwise I’m not getting all of the die-off symptoms I was getting. I’m going to finish off this bout, but I was wondering what the protocol would be next? Should I do another batch of capryl in 2 weeks or should I start concentrating more on something else?

I still have a few lingering symptoms, such as some adrenal fatigue, somewhat white tongue, and an inability to have long-term sustained high energy (but I’m better with staying gently active all day or high-energy in short bursts than I was).

Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider trying out one more antifungal. It might be best to wait for SF722 to be ready or get the alternative I suggested…

-raster

alexalgebra

I didn’t want to get the alternative because I didn’t want to risk losing the good bacteria, so I’ll probably just wait until April.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

alexalgebra;38111 wrote: So I’m currently in week 10 of all of this, and I have been rotating antifungals…capryllic acid 2 weeks, just food antifungals 2 weeks (with spirulina, chamomile tea, that sort of thing all the time).
    I’m back around to a capryllic acid week and I’m not really experiencing any die-off anymore. I do, however, have a cold that I can’t seem to shake, which is rare for me, but otherwise I’m not getting all of the die-off symptoms I was getting. I’m going to finish off this bout, but I was wondering what the protocol would be next? Should I do another batch of capryl in 2 weeks or should I start concentrating more on something else?
    I still have a few lingering symptoms, such as some adrenal fatigue, somewhat white tongue, and an inability to have long-term sustained high energy (but I’m better with staying gently active all day or high-energy in short bursts than I was).

Hi, Alex.
    It’s time to really start focusing on reestablishing the beneficial bacteria in your body, so you want to concentrate on the prebiotic foods and adding more and more probiotics and kefir to your regimen.

Caprylic acid destroys lipid-coated bacteria and viruses, so if you want to continue taking it until you’re out, that’s fine.

Great job, no more die-off, that’s a milestone, dude.
    Able

alexalgebra

Able900;38160 wrote:
    Hi, Alex.
    It’s time to really start focusing on reestablishing the beneficial bacteria in your body, so you want to concentrate on the prebiotic foods and adding more and more probiotics and kefir to your regimen.

Caprylic acid destroys lipid-coated bacteria and viruses, so if you want to continue taking it until you’re out, that’s fine.

Great job, no more die-off, that’s a milestone, dude.
    Able

Thanks! 😀

I’ve been eating a shit ton of pre-biotic foods – onions, buckwheat, oat bran, inulin (although should I stop this?), etc.

I’m currently taking 4xday of the megaflora 20 billion…should I up that?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Able, Alex and I were talking about garlic recently after something you posted on another thread. Should we not be eating it at all anymore, at week 10? I will be really sad for the state of flavor in my food, if that’s the case, but I also don’t want to be leading a massacre on all the probiotics I’m eating/drinking (sauerkraut, coconut milk kefir, coconut water kefir, and supplement form). I sometimes make my sauerkraut (and all of my kim chi) with garlic, too. Since kim chi is traditionally made with garlic, wouldn’t that imply that beneficial bacteria can still exist (in some number) in its presence?

I feel like I understand most things I read here, but the garlic issue has me confused.

Able900
    Spectator

alexalgebra;38162 wrote: I’m currently taking 4xday of the megaflora 20 billion…should I up that?

How long have you been on four a day? If it’s been over two weeks, I would raise it by another capsule for at least two more weeks.

alexalgebra

Able900;38168 wrote:
    How long have you been on four a day? If it’s been over two weeks, I would raise it by another capsule for at least two more weeks.

It’s been about 2 weeks, I’ll up it.

Also, would really like to know the answer to shayfo’s garlic question!

Able900
    Spectator

shayfo;38165 wrote: Able, Alex and I were talking about garlic recently after something you posted on another thread. Should we not be eating it at all anymore, at week 10? I will be really sad for the state of flavor in my food, if that’s the case, but I also don’t want to be leading a massacre on all the probiotics I’m eating/drinking (sauerkraut, coconut milk kefir, coconut water kefir, and supplement form). I sometimes make my sauerkraut (and all of my kim chi) with garlic, too. Since kim chi is traditionally made with garlic, wouldn’t that imply that beneficial bacteria can still exist (in some number) in its presence?

I feel like I understand most things I read here, but the garlic issue has me confused

You have a right to be confused, Shay, foods such as garlic which is a great prebiotic food source for the bacteria, but yet contains properties that have the ability to destroy them, doesn’t make any sense at all. It almost makes you look at garlic as a mistake in nature, and it ends with the age old dilemma of weighing the negative against the positive. I guess in the end it’s a matter of being aware of all the facts involved and making the decision for yourself.

If you want my personal opinion, I don’t see anything wrong with enjoy a bit of garlic with your food now and then after the die-off has ended. I believe that, in the case of the antifungal properties of a food source, most of those compounds are going to be absorbed and diluted before they ever reach the flora in the intestines.

Able

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Thanks for your perspective. Garlic has such myriad benefits (candida aside, even) that I think I’m going to probably continue eating it in moderation. I also found out today that my symptoms the past several days were pretty definitely caused by an actual flu, not die-off, since someone I was around last Monday started showing symptoms that night. It’s exciting to think I’m over the die-off hump, so to speak.

alexalgebra

I switched to using mostly garlic powder instead of actual garlic, but I so bummed because I found this amazing garlic spread that I wanted to attempt to make at home, but it’s basically just pureed garlic with basil, lemon juice, and olive oil, so…alas, I’m going to hold back.

shell1226
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 71

Alex, that garlic spread sounds devine. I’m anxious to try it.

Rachelle

shell1226
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 71

I am also thrilled to hear that you are no longer suffering from die-off. That is huge!

Rachelle

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

That’s great news. Good for you!

Len

alexalgebra

Thanks, y’all!

If you figure out the proportions on the garlic spread (I found it pre-made at a farmer’s market! HOLY CRAP PREPARED FOOD I COULD EAT! hahaha and those were the ingredients), you should post it in the recipes section.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘No more die-off?’ is closed to new replies.